Rajasthan-Based NGO Awarded in South Korea For Water Conservation
Rajasthan-based NGO was awarded the World Water Council Water Showcase Prize of Daegu Gyeongbuk in South Korea for its efforts in water conservation in the desert state.
Jal Bhagirathi Foundation, which works to optimize the management of scarce water resources for desert communities, was conferred the prestigious prize at the 7th World Water Forum hosted by the Government of South Korea at Daegu from April 12–17.
The Governor of Gyeongbuk, Kim Gwan-yong, gave away a plaque and a cash prize of USD 30,000 at the largest water-related event in the world.
Project Director of the JBF, Kanupriya Harish said there was a consensus at the World Water Forum that a sustainable development goal for water should be set and countries should use the roadmap to support implementation.
The forum brings together people from around the globe facilitating a number of political agreements on water conservation policies. Over 41,000 visitors from 168 countries attended the event this year.
A roadmap for investing in water, a top priority for the political agenda in the next decade, has been formalized which paves the way for the 8th World Water Forum, proposed to take place in Brasilia, Brazil in 2018.
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Pakistan Is 'Well Of Death', Says India's Uzma After Return
- 4 Women Gangraped, Man Shot Dead in UP's Bulandshahr
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10