Railways to Install Work Stations in Rajdhani Trains
Rajdhani travellers can soon look forward to some getaway moments during their journey as the railways has finalised plans to install work stations fitted with office electronics in its premier train service.
Work stations equipped with laptop, printer, fax machine and Internet facility will be set up in a Rajdhani train on a pilot basis soon, said a senior Railway Ministry official.
As per the plan, a cubicle will be carved out in the pantry car for the work station and passengers can avail the facility by paying a fee.
"To begin with, work station will be made operational at the pantry car and depending upon the response we will work out a permanent place for it," he said.
The official, however, said fee structure for the service has not been decided yet. "Modalities are being worked out and the fee will be on hourly basis," he said. He said a long distance south-bound Rajdhani train is likely to be selected for the pilot project.
The aim is to cater to the requirement of business and leisure travellers. "While the work station is expected to add best value to business travellers, it can also be utilised by leisure travellers who can use the facility for entertainment purpose too," the official said.
Besides Rajdhani trains, preparations are afoot to convert the entire coach as "office on wheel" as promised in the Rail Budget 2014-15.
The concept of "office on wheel" will be executed on Shatabdi trains and three routes have been short listed for the purpose.
According to the official, premier services running between Delhi-Chandigarh, Delhi-Kanpur and Chennai-Bangalore will have exclusive coaches with "office on wheel" facility.
Internet facility, better and comfortable seating and catering arrangements will be provided in the specially designed coaches, he added.
FROM OUTLOOKRailwaysLack of funds, poor planning, fare disparity Nitish Kumar wants to rid the Railways of its ills...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinion"Littering says a lot about you" had read billboarmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESKolkata, July 23 (PTI) Union Minister of State formore from WIRES>>>
- Seven Pak Rangers Killed, One Terrorist Shot Down in Retaliatory Firing at IB in Kathua: BSF
- IS Jihadists Attack Iraq's Kirkuk in Mosul Diversion, 16 Dead
- SC Tightens Noose Around BCCI, Chokes Funds to State Units
- Govt Assures Prompt Action on ATM Card Data Breach
- Trump's National Political Director 'Steps Back' From Campaign
- Five Naval Men Held for Attacking Youth in Goa
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Watch: Jack Reacher-Never Go Back Trailer
- No Need for Comments After Varun's Clarification: BJP
- USA: Twitter, Spotify Disrupted as Internet Provider Reports Attack
- Sheena Bora Case: CBI Files Second Supplementary Charge Sheet
- Wipro Q2 Net Profit Dips 7.6% at Rs 2,070 Crore
- BJP Demands NIA Probe Into Killings of RSS, Party Activists
- Akhilesh Skips Meet Where Shivpal Declares Him CM Nominee
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'