Railways to Install Work Stations in Rajdhani Trains
Rajdhani travellers can soon look forward to some getaway moments during their journey as the railways has finalised plans to install work stations fitted with office electronics in its premier train service.
Work stations equipped with laptop, printer, fax machine and Internet facility will be set up in a Rajdhani train on a pilot basis soon, said a senior Railway Ministry official.
As per the plan, a cubicle will be carved out in the pantry car for the work station and passengers can avail the facility by paying a fee.
"To begin with, work station will be made operational at the pantry car and depending upon the response we will work out a permanent place for it," he said.
The official, however, said fee structure for the service has not been decided yet. "Modalities are being worked out and the fee will be on hourly basis," he said. He said a long distance south-bound Rajdhani train is likely to be selected for the pilot project.
The aim is to cater to the requirement of business and leisure travellers. "While the work station is expected to add best value to business travellers, it can also be utilised by leisure travellers who can use the facility for entertainment purpose too," the official said.
Besides Rajdhani trains, preparations are afoot to convert the entire coach as "office on wheel" as promised in the Rail Budget 2014-15.
The concept of "office on wheel" will be executed on Shatabdi trains and three routes have been short listed for the purpose.
According to the official, premier services running between Delhi-Chandigarh, Delhi-Kanpur and Chennai-Bangalore will have exclusive coaches with "office on wheel" facility.
Internet facility, better and comfortable seating and catering arrangements will be provided in the specially designed coaches, he added.
- Mumbai Is The Richest Indian City With Total Wealth Of USD 820 Billion
- Paytm Offers To Hire Employees Sacked By Rival Companies
- Kim Killing Suspect Thought She Was In A 'Comedy Video'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- DU Professor Injured in Violence Hospitalised
- Fire Breaks Out At The Times Of India Building In New Delhi
- Kerala CM Retracts His Remark Denying Conspiracy in Assault on Actress
- Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Amidst Tiff With Media
- Pakistan Rangers Kill 4, Detain Over 600 Terror Suspects In 200 Search Operations
- Maharashtra: Nearly 350 Students In Custody,18 Others Arrested After Army Recruitment Board Papers Leaked
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan