Railways to Install Work Stations in Rajdhani Trains
Rajdhani travellers can soon look forward to some getaway moments during their journey as the railways has finalised plans to install work stations fitted with office electronics in its premier train service.
Work stations equipped with laptop, printer, fax machine and Internet facility will be set up in a Rajdhani train on a pilot basis soon, said a senior Railway Ministry official.
As per the plan, a cubicle will be carved out in the pantry car for the work station and passengers can avail the facility by paying a fee.
"To begin with, work station will be made operational at the pantry car and depending upon the response we will work out a permanent place for it," he said.
The official, however, said fee structure for the service has not been decided yet. "Modalities are being worked out and the fee will be on hourly basis," he said. He said a long distance south-bound Rajdhani train is likely to be selected for the pilot project.
The aim is to cater to the requirement of business and leisure travellers. "While the work station is expected to add best value to business travellers, it can also be utilised by leisure travellers who can use the facility for entertainment purpose too," the official said.
Besides Rajdhani trains, preparations are afoot to convert the entire coach as "office on wheel" as promised in the Rail Budget 2014-15.
The concept of "office on wheel" will be executed on Shatabdi trains and three routes have been short listed for the purpose.
According to the official, premier services running between Delhi-Chandigarh, Delhi-Kanpur and Chennai-Bangalore will have exclusive coaches with "office on wheel" facility.
Internet facility, better and comfortable seating and catering arrangements will be provided in the specially designed coaches, he added.
FROM OUTLOOKRailwaysLack of funds, poor planning, fare disparity Nitish Kumar wants to rid the Railways of its ills...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBDiaryWhile team Great Britain stunned the world by relemore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESKolkata, July 23 (PTI) Union Minister of State formore from WIRES>>>
- SC Allows Marine Latorre to Stay Back in Italy
- Don't Behave Like Lords, 'Fall in Line': SC Tells BCCI
- Day After Stoning of Saamna Office in Maharashtra, Cartoonist Expresses Regret
- Former Israeli President Shimon Peres Dies at 93
- Pak Approaches World Bank Amid Reports of India Revoking Indus Water Treaty
- Most SAARC Members Join India, Pull Out of Summit in Pakistan
- Roasted For Being Dark, Parched Actor Tannishtha Chatterjee Gets Apology
- Karachi's Stand-Up Comedian Has His Reasons Why India And Pakistan Should Not Go To War
- Prabhu Deva Does A Gandi Baat Jig With Father
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- MH17 Probe 'Biased', Moscow 'Disappointed': Foreign Ministry
- NIA Gets Custody of PoK Duo Who Facilitated Uri Attack
- Sahara Group Has Taken Us for a Ride: SC
- Pakistani Singer Shafqat Amanat Ali's Concert in Bengaluru Cancelled
- Idols of Durga Vandalised in Bangladesh
- Kashmiri Student Booked For Sedition Over 'Anti-National' Post
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED