Quid Pro Quo Case Involving Jagan Posted to September 9
A special CBI court here today posted the case of alleged quid pro quo investments involving the firms of YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, to September 9.
Jagan, a legislator from Pulivendula Assembly seat in Kadapa district of Andhra Pradesh, who had earlier sought exemption from appearance in the case, however, appeared today before the court in connection with different aspects of the case.
N Srinivasan, Vice Chairman and Managing Director of India Cements and Chairman of the International Cricket Council (ICC) were among those who appeared before the court in connection with one of the ten cases that CBI has filed.
Some senior IAS officers and industrialists who are among other accused in different charge sheets filed in connection with the case also appeared before the court.
All the cases pertain to alleged investments made by various private firms and individuals to the tune of several crores in Jagan's businesses, as part of quid-pro-quo arrangement in exchange for alleged favours by the erstwhile YSR Rajasekhar Reddy (YSR) government.
CBI has accused Jagan of amassing huge wealth through illegal means by misusing the office of his father YSR, when he was the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh between 2004 and 2009.
Last month on July 21, the day when arguments on the charges pertaining to the first charge sheet filed in the case, were supposed to start, one of the accused Hetero had filed a discharge petition after which the judge posted the matter for today.
The first charge sheet was filed against Jagan and 12 others on March 31, 2012 in the issue relating to allotment of land to the tune of 75 acres each to Hetero Group of Companies and Aurobindo Group.
- Samsung Heir Indicted For Bribery, Embezzlement
- Uber Asks Top Executive To Go For Hiding Sexual Harassment Charge
- Ringing Bells Manager Arrested For Fraud
- 'Have Killed Iranians': Kansas Shooter Told Bartender
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- OECD Cuts India's Growth to 7%, Says India a Star Performer
- 'It's About The Freedom To Coexist Yet Disagree':Hundreds Participate In DU Protest March Against ABVP
- Shooter Jitu Rai Wins Bronze in ISSF World Cup
- FIR Registered Against Unknown Persons In Connection With The Case Of Kargil Martyr's Daughter
- RBI Sets Up Panel to Review Cyber Threats
- Reliance Jio's Tariff Aggressive, Unsustainable, Says Airtel's Sunil Mittal
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Delhi Court Acquits 2 In 2005 Serial Blasts, Sentences Third Accused To 10-Year Jail Term
- Govt Plans Chaupals To Link Weaker Sections To Cashless System
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events