Quid Pro Quo Case Involving Jagan Posted to September 9
A special CBI court here today posted the case of alleged quid pro quo investments involving the firms of YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, to September 9.
Jagan, a legislator from Pulivendula Assembly seat in Kadapa district of Andhra Pradesh, who had earlier sought exemption from appearance in the case, however, appeared today before the court in connection with different aspects of the case.
N Srinivasan, Vice Chairman and Managing Director of India Cements and Chairman of the International Cricket Council (ICC) were among those who appeared before the court in connection with one of the ten cases that CBI has filed.
Some senior IAS officers and industrialists who are among other accused in different charge sheets filed in connection with the case also appeared before the court.
All the cases pertain to alleged investments made by various private firms and individuals to the tune of several crores in Jagan's businesses, as part of quid-pro-quo arrangement in exchange for alleged favours by the erstwhile YSR Rajasekhar Reddy (YSR) government.
CBI has accused Jagan of amassing huge wealth through illegal means by misusing the office of his father YSR, when he was the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh between 2004 and 2009.
Last month on July 21, the day when arguments on the charges pertaining to the first charge sheet filed in the case, were supposed to start, one of the accused Hetero had filed a discharge petition after which the judge posted the matter for today.
The first charge sheet was filed against Jagan and 12 others on March 31, 2012 in the issue relating to allotment of land to the tune of 75 acres each to Hetero Group of Companies and Aurobindo Group.
FROM OUTLOOKUpdateThe CBI is now armed with convincing evidence of Pakistani involvement in the March 1993 Bombay blasts...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBNot many may recall the sensational Gauhati High Cmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESNotwithstanding the rejection by Uttar Pradesh Chimore from WIRES>>>
- My Party and My Family Are United: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Tata-Mistry Tussle Heads to the Courts As Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC, NCLT
- Yashwant Sinha Led Delegation Meets Hurriyat Leader Geelani to Break Kashmir Impasse
- Six Members of a Family Injured in Pak Shelling in Jammu
- SC Directs Vijay Mallya to Disclose His Foreign Assets in Four Weeks
- Delhi: One Person Killed In Blast At Naya Bazar, Rajnath Calls Delhi CP
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- E-Ballot Facility for Service Voters Gets Govt Nod: CEC
- Snatch Tribal Rights, Face Action, Warns PM
- 300-Year-Old British Coin, One of Only 20 Ever Minted, Found in 4-Year-Old's Treasure Chest
- Muslim Community Must Seriously Ponder Over Triple Talaq: RSS
- Rename HRD Ministry as Education Ministry: Sisodia to Javadekar
- Saudi Man Dumps Bride for Sharing Pictures on Snapchat Just 2 Hrs After Wedding
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman Of Tata Sons, Ratan Tata To Hold Interim Position
- Ratan Tata: 'I Think Everybody Knows Where The Intolerance Is Coming From...'
- Now, Adult Film Star Accuses Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Not Just a Business Partner, But an Ally Who Stood By India in its Darkest Hours: Russia