Question Hour Washed Out in UP Legislature
Question hour in the UP legislature was disrupted today with the opposition forcing adjournment of both the Houses amidst sloganeering in the Well over alleged deteriorating law and order situation and irregularities in the panchayat polls in the state.
Uproarious scenes were witnessed in the assembly as BJP members protested in the Well with banners and posters even before Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey's arrival. They were later joined by BSP and Congress members.
With the Speaker insisting that the issues should be raised under the relevant rules during Zero Hour, BSP staged a walk out.
Amidst din, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Azam Khan was heard repeating his allegation that Prime Minister Narendra Modi had a secret meeting with the most wanted fugitive Dawood Ibrahim during his recent visit to Pakistan which was against all rules.
He was heard demanding release of photos and video taken during the meeting that could prove who all were present.
With the opposition refusing to resume their seats, the House was adjourned for over an hour.
When it reassembled, Suresh Khanna (BJP) asked Khan to either prove his allegations or apologise.
Leader of the Opposition and BSP leader Swami Prasad Maurya objected to Khan using the word "rioters" for the opposition and demanded expunction of the remark.
The scene was similar in the Legislative Council where the day started with BSP, BJP and Congress members raising slogans and trooping into the Well forcing adjournment of the House for the entire Question Hour in phases.
As there was no let up in the situation even after the House reassembled, Protem Chairman Om Prakash Sharma hurriedly conducted all the business on agenda and adjourned the House for the day.
- Encounter In Assam Was Fake, Says Top CRPF Officer
- Nepal Prime Minister Prachanda Resigns
- 'Enemy' Will Remember Pakistan's Response
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10