Pune Landslide: Infant's Cries Guide NDRF Personnel to Rescue
Amidst the chaos of the disastrous landslide which wiped out Malin village off the map, a three-month-old Rudra asserted his right to life, by crying and beckoning rescuers, for more than eight hours, while clutching his mother fainting under the suffocating debris.
Eventually, it was Rudra's full throated crying which alerted National Disaster Relief Force (NDRF) personnel to locate him from the gloomy recesses of a mound formed by the cascading debris.
Recuperating at a hospital at nearby Manchar, Rudra's mother Pramila Limbe said that both of them were trapped under the heap of mud as the hillock came crashing down yesterday morning when she was nursing her child.
"I held on to an iron shelf in the house used to keep utensils along with Rudra and kept on shouting for help which went unheeded. However, Rudra kept on crying loudly until rescuers managed to locate us," said Pramila, lying on a hospital bed with Rudra snuggling by her side looking surprisingly hale and hearty.
An NDRF official said that mother and child remained trapped from 8 am to 4.30 pm yesterday until Rudra's crying kept beckoning them to the right spot where the debris had developed a little crack, just enough to let air filter through the landslide debris.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 2 Indians Die Every Minute Due to Air Pollution: Study
- Soon, Passport Can Be Applied At Post Offices
- NGT Slaps Rs 10Lakh Fine On Noida-Based Water Bottling Unit
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Jet Airways Restores Contact With ATC After German Authorites Send Fighter Jets for Fear Of Hijack
- 61.16 Per Cent Turnout in UP Phase-3: Polling Peaceful
- People Will Take Revenge on BJP For Note Ban: Rahul, Akhilesh
- Ravi Shankar Prasad Dares Congress, SP, BSP to Clarify Stand on Triple Talaq
- UP Polls: Over 55 Per Cent Turnout Till 4 PM
- Mulayam Clarifies No Rift In SP, Confident Akhilesh Will Be CM
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED