President to Address Joint Sitting of Parliament on June 9
President Pranab Mukherjee will address a joint sitting of Parliament tomorrow, laying down the roadmap of the new government headed by Narendra Modi.
In his address beginning at 11 AM in the Central Hall of Parliament, the president will list the priorities of the NDA government which include ushering the economy on the path of fast and all-round growth besides tackling price rise and inflation.
Both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha will have separate sittings 30 minutes after the conclusion of the address and the secretaries general of both the Houses will table a copy of the speech.
The new government is confronted with some key issues like price rise, fiscal deficit and economic slowdown.
Measures to address other issues like putting the core sectors on the fast growth path and ushering in industrial development in the country, besides attracting foreign investment are also likely to figure in the address.
The Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha will hold a discussion on the Motion of Thanks on the president's address on Tuesday and Wednesday according to the provisional list of business in the Houses.
On behalf of the ruling party, BJP Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi will initiate the discussion in the Rajya Sabha while party General Secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy will do so in the Lok Sabha.
Sources in the government said Prime Minister Narendra Modi may intervene during the discussion on the Motion of Thanks in the Lok Sabha and Finance Minister Arun Jaitley may do so in the Upper House.
FROM OUTLOOKcover storyThe clouds over Vajpayee's fate may have blown over but hitherto friendly voices—from within the BJP and the...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBCloser to crucial assembly elections due next yearmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESNew Delhi, July 30 (PTI) Congress today said the Nmore from WIRES>>>
- Absconding UP BJP Leader Dayashankar Singh Arrested From Bihar
- Gurgaon: Thousands Stranded on NH-8 Due to Waterlogging, Heavy Rains
- Govt Lists GST Bill For Consideration in Rajya Sabha
- One San Diego Cop Killed, Another Wounded in Shooting: Police
- Curfew, Restrictions Re-Imposed in Kashmir
- Indian National Not Executed in Indonesia: Swaraj
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- SC Seeks Report From Centre on 'Ground Realities' in J&K
- HC Tells Virbhadra's Wife to Appear Before ED
- SC Directs Actor Rajpal Yadav to Undergo Six-Day Jail Term
- Court Dismisses FIR Petition Against Khurshid, Bansal
- No Legal Provision to Scrap 15-Year-Old Diesel Vehicles: NGT Told
- 363 Farmer Suicide Cases Reported so Far in 2016: Centre
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED