President to Address Joint Sitting of Parliament on June 9
President Pranab Mukherjee will address a joint sitting of Parliament tomorrow, laying down the roadmap of the new government headed by Narendra Modi.
In his address beginning at 11 AM in the Central Hall of Parliament, the president will list the priorities of the NDA government which include ushering the economy on the path of fast and all-round growth besides tackling price rise and inflation.
Both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha will have separate sittings 30 minutes after the conclusion of the address and the secretaries general of both the Houses will table a copy of the speech.
The new government is confronted with some key issues like price rise, fiscal deficit and economic slowdown.
Measures to address other issues like putting the core sectors on the fast growth path and ushering in industrial development in the country, besides attracting foreign investment are also likely to figure in the address.
The Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha will hold a discussion on the Motion of Thanks on the president's address on Tuesday and Wednesday according to the provisional list of business in the Houses.
On behalf of the ruling party, BJP Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi will initiate the discussion in the Rajya Sabha while party General Secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy will do so in the Lok Sabha.
Sources in the government said Prime Minister Narendra Modi may intervene during the discussion on the Motion of Thanks in the Lok Sabha and Finance Minister Arun Jaitley may do so in the Upper House.
FROM OUTLOOKcover storyThe clouds over Vajpayee's fate may have blown over but hitherto friendly voices—from within the BJP and the...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionThere is quite an understandable outrage at the gomore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESNew Delhi, July 30 (PTI) Congress today said the Nmore from WIRES>>>
- Indian Origin Punjabi Bus Driver Burnt to Death in Australia
- SC Dismisses Petition, Says Armed Forces Answerable To Government
- Fifteen Pakistan Rangers Killed In BSF's Retaliatory Fire In The Past Week
- Judges Selection: SC Slams Centre for Bringing Courts to a Grinding Halt
- US Charges 61 People in Multi-Million Dollar Indian Call Center Scam
- Pak Violates Ceasefire Along LoC in Jammu, Rajouri, Kathua, Girl Injured
- Daily Curator: While India Plays Spy-Spy With Pakistan, China Issues Gentle Reminder
- Watch: Donald Trump Pulls Out All The Stops With 'Ab Ki Baar, Trump Sarkar'
- Daily Curator: What Happens In Family May Not Stay So
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- India Third in Terror Deaths After ISIS-Boko Haram Areas: SC Told
- War No Option, Pak Should Take Initiative for Peace: Mehbooba
- Pak Army Says No Soldiers Killed in Firing at Border
- DND Flyway onnecting Noida to Delhi to Remain Toll Free: SC
- Swamy Asks PM to Form Multi-Agency SIT to Probe Tatas
- Northern Ireland Rejects Brexit Court Challenge
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED