President to Address Joint Sitting of Parliament on June 9
President Pranab Mukherjee will address a joint sitting of Parliament tomorrow, laying down the roadmap of the new government headed by Narendra Modi.
In his address beginning at 11 AM in the Central Hall of Parliament, the president will list the priorities of the NDA government which include ushering the economy on the path of fast and all-round growth besides tackling price rise and inflation.
Both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha will have separate sittings 30 minutes after the conclusion of the address and the secretaries general of both the Houses will table a copy of the speech.
The new government is confronted with some key issues like price rise, fiscal deficit and economic slowdown.
Measures to address other issues like putting the core sectors on the fast growth path and ushering in industrial development in the country, besides attracting foreign investment are also likely to figure in the address.
The Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha will hold a discussion on the Motion of Thanks on the president's address on Tuesday and Wednesday according to the provisional list of business in the Houses.
On behalf of the ruling party, BJP Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi will initiate the discussion in the Rajya Sabha while party General Secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy will do so in the Lok Sabha.
Sources in the government said Prime Minister Narendra Modi may intervene during the discussion on the Motion of Thanks in the Lok Sabha and Finance Minister Arun Jaitley may do so in the Upper House.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10