President to Address Joint Sitting of Parliament on June 9
President Pranab Mukherjee will address a joint sitting of Parliament tomorrow, laying down the roadmap of the new government headed by Narendra Modi.
In his address beginning at 11 AM in the Central Hall of Parliament, the president will list the priorities of the NDA government which include ushering the economy on the path of fast and all-round growth besides tackling price rise and inflation.
Both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha will have separate sittings 30 minutes after the conclusion of the address and the secretaries general of both the Houses will table a copy of the speech.
The new government is confronted with some key issues like price rise, fiscal deficit and economic slowdown.
Measures to address other issues like putting the core sectors on the fast growth path and ushering in industrial development in the country, besides attracting foreign investment are also likely to figure in the address.
The Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha will hold a discussion on the Motion of Thanks on the president's address on Tuesday and Wednesday according to the provisional list of business in the Houses.
On behalf of the ruling party, BJP Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi will initiate the discussion in the Rajya Sabha while party General Secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy will do so in the Lok Sabha.
Sources in the government said Prime Minister Narendra Modi may intervene during the discussion on the Motion of Thanks in the Lok Sabha and Finance Minister Arun Jaitley may do so in the Upper House.
FROM OUTLOOKcover storyThe clouds over Vajpayee's fate may have blown over but hitherto friendly voices—from within the BJP and the...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBInterviewThe nation-wide strike on Friday called jointly bymore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESNew Delhi, July 30 (PTI) Congress today said the Nmore from WIRES>>>
- Pak Will Give Befitting Response to Any Misadventure: Raheel
- Shahabuddin Surrenders, Says CM Will be 'Taught a Lesson'
- Sri Lanka Becomes Fifth Nation to Pull Out of SAARC
- SC Cancels RJD Leader Shahabuddin's Bail, Sends Him Back to Jail
- Surgical Strikes by India in PoK an Act of Self Defence: Afghanistan
- Bihar Liquor Prohibition Law Illegal, Rules Patna High Court
- Denzel Washington's 'FENCES' Trailer Promises Oscar Contenders
- Roasted For Being Dark, Parched Actor Tannishtha Chatterjee Gets Apology
- Karachi's Stand-Up Comedian Has His Reasons Why India And Pakistan Should Not Go To War
- Prabhu Deva Does A Gandi Baat Jig With Father
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Will Tell India What Is Real Surgical Strike: Saeed
- Telcos Meet TRAI, Allege Tariff Order Violation by RJio
- Surgical Strike: South Korea Supports India's Stance
- Court Issues NBW Against Dawood Ibrahim, Chhota Shakeel
- 10 Killed, 29 Missing in Typhoon Megi in China
- Philippine Prez Duterte 'Happy to Slaughter' Drug Suspects, Mentions Hitler
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED