President to Address Joint Sitting of Parliament on June 9
President Pranab Mukherjee will address a joint sitting of Parliament tomorrow, laying down the roadmap of the new government headed by Narendra Modi.
In his address beginning at 11 AM in the Central Hall of Parliament, the president will list the priorities of the NDA government which include ushering the economy on the path of fast and all-round growth besides tackling price rise and inflation.
Both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha will have separate sittings 30 minutes after the conclusion of the address and the secretaries general of both the Houses will table a copy of the speech.
The new government is confronted with some key issues like price rise, fiscal deficit and economic slowdown.
Measures to address other issues like putting the core sectors on the fast growth path and ushering in industrial development in the country, besides attracting foreign investment are also likely to figure in the address.
The Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha will hold a discussion on the Motion of Thanks on the president's address on Tuesday and Wednesday according to the provisional list of business in the Houses.
On behalf of the ruling party, BJP Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi will initiate the discussion in the Rajya Sabha while party General Secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy will do so in the Lok Sabha.
Sources in the government said Prime Minister Narendra Modi may intervene during the discussion on the Motion of Thanks in the Lok Sabha and Finance Minister Arun Jaitley may do so in the Upper House.
- Mumbai Is The Richest Indian City With Total Wealth Of USD 820 Billion
- Paytm Offers To Hire Employees Sacked By Rival Companies
- Kim Killing Suspect Thought She Was In A 'Comedy Video'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- DU Professor Injured in Violence Hospitalised
- Fire Breaks Out At The Times Of India Building In New Delhi
- Kerala CM Retracts His Remark Denying Conspiracy in Assault on Actress
- Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Amidst Tiff With Media
- Pakistan Rangers Kill 4, Detain Over 600 Terror Suspects In 200 Search Operations
- Maharashtra: Nearly 350 Students In Custody,18 Others Arrested After Army Recruitment Board Papers Leaked
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Delhi Court Acquits 2 In 2005 Serial Blasts, Sentences Third Accused To 10-Year Jail Term
- Govt Plans Chaupals To Link Weaker Sections To Cashless System
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events