President Greets People on Rakhi
President Pranab Mukherjee today wished the citizens on the eve of Raksha Bandhan as he dedicated his thoughts on the occasion to the well being of the girl child.
"On the joyous occasion of Raksha Bandhan, I extend my warm greetings and good wishes to all my fellow citizens in India and abroad," the President said in his message.
He said the festival of Rakhi spreads harmony and celebrates brotherhood and symbolises the inseparable bond of love between brothers and sisters.
"Rakhi is a sacred thread of protection embellished with the affection of a sister for her brother. This gesture is not a mere ritual but a powerful act that obligates everyone to ensure the safety and security of women," the President said in his message.
"May this festival be an occasion for re-dedication to the well being of women particularly the girl child," he added.
- Nationalism is the Identity of BJP: Narendra Modi
- IITs to Admit Non-Resident Students
- Pakistan-Not-Hell Remark Lands Kannada Actor in Sedition Net?
- Gujarat: 50 Cong MLAs Suspended From Assembly, Ruckus Over Una Incident
- Toxic Gas Leak at B'desh Fertiliser Unit Sickens 250, Plugged
- Opposition MLAs Marshaled Out, Pandemonium in UP Assembly
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Anil Arora, Mr. Bookworm, R.I.P.
- Delhi: Fire Triggers Building Collapse, 250 Bikes Gutted
- Upset Over SC Curb on Dahi Handi, Record-Holding Mandal to Return Award
- Surat: Two Dead, One Suffers Partial Sight Loss After Consuming Hooch
- BJP Interfering in Federal Structure, TMC Complains to President
- Cow is Mother of Not Only Hindus But Also of Muslims: Swaroopanand
- South Africa, New Zealand Test Drawn After Match Abandoned
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED