President Greets People on Rakhi
President Pranab Mukherjee today wished the citizens on the eve of Raksha Bandhan as he dedicated his thoughts on the occasion to the well being of the girl child.
"On the joyous occasion of Raksha Bandhan, I extend my warm greetings and good wishes to all my fellow citizens in India and abroad," the President said in his message.
He said the festival of Rakhi spreads harmony and celebrates brotherhood and symbolises the inseparable bond of love between brothers and sisters.
"Rakhi is a sacred thread of protection embellished with the affection of a sister for her brother. This gesture is not a mere ritual but a powerful act that obligates everyone to ensure the safety and security of women," the President said in his message.
"May this festival be an occasion for re-dedication to the well being of women particularly the girl child," he added.
- Gurgaon Traffic Situation Eases, Prohibitory Orders Lifted
- Curfew Remains in Force in Some Parts of Kashmir Valley
- Kashmir: Army Foils Infiltration Bid, Two Militants, Two Soldiers Killed
- Save the Children-Supported Syria Maternity Hospital Bombed
- USA: 7.7-Magnitude Quake Off Northern Marianas, No Tsunami Alert
- Paris Attacks: French Authorities File Terror Charges Against Two
- Outlook Cover Story On RSS Trafficking Goes Viral
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Rape Case Filed Against Uttarakhand BJP Leader
- Court Sends Pakistani LeT Operative to NIA Custody Till Aug 11
- Police Arrest Two Suspected of Plotting Attack in Belgium
- Chhattisgarh: COBRA Jawan Killed in Gun-Battle With Naxals
- Bihar: Dalit Woman Allegedly Beaten Up, Forced to Drink Urine
- Dozens March in Dallas Against Police Violence Toward African-Americans
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED