Preity Used Harsh Words Against Wadia: Witness Tells Cops
A witness listed by industrialist Ness Wadia has told the police that it was Preity Zinta, who used harsh words against her ex-boyfriend during an IPL match here on May 30.
The witness, Savan Daru, a businessman, has recorded his statement on Friday before the Marine Drive police, which is probing the case, a police officer said today.
"Daru claimed in his statement that Ness had leaned towards Zinta and spoke something to her. He could not hear the conversation between the two due to loud noise around," the officer added.
"However, soon after Ness walked away from there, Preity started shouting at him very loudly and used harsh words," the officer said, quoting Daru.
Daru claimed Ness had come late to the stadium and was trying to find a seat for his mother, police said.
In her police complaint registered in June, Zinta had accused her former boyfriend of molesting, abusing and threatening her during an IPL match between Kings XI Punjab and Chennai Super Kings on May 30 at Wankhede Stadium in South Mumbai.
However, Wadia has dismissed the actor's charges.
Despite their break-up, Wadia and Zinta continue to co-own Kings XI Punjab.
Among those whose statements had been recorded are IPL Chief Operating Officer Sundar Raman, BCCI Secretary Sanjay Patel and COO of Kings XI Punjab Fraser Castellino.
Witnesses Danish Merchant, Jai Kanojia and Parul Khanna have told the police that Wadia had "pulled" Zinta by hand during a "heated" argument, while Castellino said he did not see any fight or argument between the two.
Ness had given a list of witnesses and requested the police to record their statements.
Farah Oomerbhoy, listed by Ness Wadia, had said in her statement that there was no heated argument between the two and she did not see him (Wadia) pulling Zinta by her arm on the day of the alleged incident.
- Pakistan: 149 Dead, 117 Injured After Oil Tanker Catches Fire
- 7 Killed As Cable Car Plummets In Gulmarg
- 'Black Night' Can't Be Forgotten: Modi On Emergency
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Pak's BAT Team Carried Headband Camera, Dagger to Mutilate, Record Attack on Indian Army
- India Cannot Progress Without Hindi, Says Union Minister Naidu
- More Garbage Than Land For People In Delhi, Says High Court
- Army Jawan's Father Hides News Of Son’s Death So That Grandson Could Celebrate B’day