Preity Used Harsh Words Against Wadia: Witness Tells Cops
A witness listed by industrialist Ness Wadia has told the police that it was Preity Zinta, who used harsh words against her ex-boyfriend during an IPL match here on May 30.
The witness, Savan Daru, a businessman, has recorded his statement on Friday before the Marine Drive police, which is probing the case, a police officer said today.
"Daru claimed in his statement that Ness had leaned towards Zinta and spoke something to her. He could not hear the conversation between the two due to loud noise around," the officer added.
"However, soon after Ness walked away from there, Preity started shouting at him very loudly and used harsh words," the officer said, quoting Daru.
Daru claimed Ness had come late to the stadium and was trying to find a seat for his mother, police said.
In her police complaint registered in June, Zinta had accused her former boyfriend of molesting, abusing and threatening her during an IPL match between Kings XI Punjab and Chennai Super Kings on May 30 at Wankhede Stadium in South Mumbai.
However, Wadia has dismissed the actor's charges.
Despite their break-up, Wadia and Zinta continue to co-own Kings XI Punjab.
Among those whose statements had been recorded are IPL Chief Operating Officer Sundar Raman, BCCI Secretary Sanjay Patel and COO of Kings XI Punjab Fraser Castellino.
Witnesses Danish Merchant, Jai Kanojia and Parul Khanna have told the police that Wadia had "pulled" Zinta by hand during a "heated" argument, while Castellino said he did not see any fight or argument between the two.
Ness had given a list of witnesses and requested the police to record their statements.
Farah Oomerbhoy, listed by Ness Wadia, had said in her statement that there was no heated argument between the two and she did not see him (Wadia) pulling Zinta by her arm on the day of the alleged incident.
- SC Seeks EC's Response
- Indian Woman, Son Found Murdered in US, Probe Launched
- Should Sidhu Be Allowed to Multitask?
- Aadhaar Not Needed For Mid-Day Meals
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Govt Staff in Bareilly Barred From Wearing Jeans, T-Shirts at Work
- Release Funds to State Bodies for Holding Matches: SC Tells BCCI
- 1984 Riots: SC Asks Govt to Give Files of 199 'Closed' Cases
- Counter-Terrorist Operations Claimed 92 Soldiers in J&K Since 2015: Govt
- PM Modi Calls Up Theresa May Over Terror Attack
- Dr Randeep Guleria Appointed New Director of AIIMS-Delhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Yogi Adityanath Makes Surprise Visit To Police Station In Lucknow
- Plea Against Kejriwal: Court Raps Police for Indecisiveness
- After Shiv Sena MP's Slipper Assault, Air India Mulling Preparing No-Fly List for Unruly Passengers
- With Vikalp, Passengers on Wait List Can Tavel in Rajdhani at Mail, Express Fare