Poster Campaign Against Maoists in Odisha
A poster campaign, purportedly launched by a tribal outfit against Maoists in Malkangiri district, has condemned killing of tribals by the rebels, police said today.
Bearing the name of 'Malkangiri Adivasi Sangh', the posters have appeared in several remote areas of Kalimela and Padia blocks of the district since yesterday, they said.
The posters listed some killings including that of tribal village head of Darbaguda in Kalimela area, Bira Padiami in an IED explosion on July 29.
Killings of tribals like Ganga Madhi, Madan Hantal, Deba Padiami and Ganga Madkami recently were also cited by the 'Sangh'. The development was being closely watched, they said.
The posters carrying messages in Odia condemned the recent killings, particularly of tribal people who were accused by the assailants of working as informers of the police, Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said.
Several posters have appeared in remote areas like Telrai, MV-37, Kalimela Hat, Padia, Bejangwada and Gamphagonda, the SP said.
The message conveyed through the posters clearly showed that the tribals were getting increasingly disillusioned and angry with the violence being perpetrated by the Maoists in the region, he said.
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- Akhilesh Yadav Scared Of Donkeys Of Gujarat, Says PM Modi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman