Poster Campaign Against Maoists in Odisha
A poster campaign, purportedly launched by a tribal outfit against Maoists in Malkangiri district, has condemned killing of tribals by the rebels, police said today.
Bearing the name of 'Malkangiri Adivasi Sangh', the posters have appeared in several remote areas of Kalimela and Padia blocks of the district since yesterday, they said.
The posters listed some killings including that of tribal village head of Darbaguda in Kalimela area, Bira Padiami in an IED explosion on July 29.
Killings of tribals like Ganga Madhi, Madan Hantal, Deba Padiami and Ganga Madkami recently were also cited by the 'Sangh'. The development was being closely watched, they said.
The posters carrying messages in Odia condemned the recent killings, particularly of tribal people who were accused by the assailants of working as informers of the police, Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said.
Several posters have appeared in remote areas like Telrai, MV-37, Kalimela Hat, Padia, Bejangwada and Gamphagonda, the SP said.
The message conveyed through the posters clearly showed that the tribals were getting increasingly disillusioned and angry with the violence being perpetrated by the Maoists in the region, he said.
- Stone-Pelters Should Fire Weapons, Then I Could Do What I Want: Rawat
- Impose Governor's Rule If J&K Is To Be Saved: Farooq Abdullah
- Narada Journalists Threaten Hunger Strike Over Dues
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 14 Men Molest 2 Women, Posts Video On The Social Media
- Defending The Use of 'Human Shield', General Bipin Rawat Says 'Dirty War' In Kashmir Has To Be Fought With 'Innovative Ways'
- After Rahul, Now Akhilesh Denied Entry to Violence-Hit Saharanpur
- Three Booked For Abducting, Raping Minor Girl In Rajasthan
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10