Police Recovers Body of Allegedly Raped Girl in Odisha
The body of a suspected rape victim with her legs tied with clothes and head covered with grass was recovered from Balisahi in Ganjam district, police said today.
The body of the 17-year-old with two heavy stones placed on her chest was recovered yesterday, Sub-divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Bhanjanagar R C Sethi said.
"Though circumstantial evidence suggests the girl might have been raped before being killed, this can only be confirmed after getting the post-mortem report," Sethi said.
The girl, a school dropout and daughter of a daily labourer, had gone to a paddy field along with her father on Thursday. She left the field for home around 3 pm. When she did not return home till late evening, her family members informed the police, he said.
- French Burkini Bans Face Legal Challenge as Tension Mounts
- India Talks Tough With Pak, Says Willing to Discuss Terror
- Stand By Every Word I Said on RSS: Rahul Gandhi
- Angry Mehbooba Ends Press Meet With Rajnath Abruptly
- Scorpene Leak: Navy Takes Up Issue With France's DGA
- Alternatives to Pellet Guns in Few Days: Rajnath
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Anil Arora, Mr. Bookworm, R.I.P.
- Delhi: Female TV Journalist Harassed, One Held
- Three Decades After Anti-Sikh Riots, Two Victims to Get Compensation
- Maleeha Lodhi Pitches for Pak's Inclusion in NSG
- Outsiders Engineered Coup Against Chhotepur: Amarinder
- Mangaluru: Eggs Hurled at Actor Ramya's Car Over Pak Comment
- Rebel AAP MLA Moves Breach of Privilege Notice Against Sisodia
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED