Police Books Teacher for Thrashing Differently-Abled Boy
An eight-year-old differently-abled boy was allegedly assaulted by a 24-year-old teacher here, following which the police has booked the accused in this connection.
The incident which took place on July 30 in suburban Matunga came to light on August 2 when a video clip, showing the teacher thrashing the minor boy with a cane, was circulated among all the parents.
The teacher has been identified as Rima Kalgutkar, employed with Little Angels School for differently-abled.
"A person had recorded the entire episode of the teacher assaulting the student which he then forwarded to the child's parents. The parents of the boy got to see the clip on August 2, when they came to the school for a parents-teachers association meet," Inspector Shashikanth Londhe of Matunga police station told PTI.
Following the incident, the teacher has been suspended from the school, he said.
"Since the teacher has committed a crime by assaulting a student, her arrest is imminent. Once our preliminary investigation is over we will be arresting her," Londhe said.
Parents allege that the director of the school did not even apologise to them following their complaint, which led them to approach the police.
However, their claim was refuted by the director.
According to the parents, they first approached Matunga police to file a complaint against the teacher on August 5, who in turn asked them to approach the Child Rights Commission.
Based on the report of the Commission, the police lodged an FIR against the accused.
The teacher has been booked under IPC Section 323 (Punishment for voluntarily causing hurt) and the Juvenile Justice Act.
- Govt Plans to Further Liberalize Visa Regime to Boost Tourism: Swaraj
- Teesta Setalvad Liable for Mixing Religion With Politics: HRD Panel
- SP Appears on Brink of Split as CM Sacks Shivpal, Mulayam Expels Ramgopal
- Now, Adult Film Star Accuses Trump of Sexual Harassment
- BSF Jawan Gurnam Singh Injured in Pak Attack Succumbs to Injuries
- ADHM Row: Army Upset Over Being Dragged Into Film Politics, Rejects Forced Donation
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Kabaddi Player Rohit Kumar Sent to Judicial Custody in Wife's Suicide Case
- Not Just a Business Partner, But an Ally Who Stood By India in its Darkest Hours: Russia
- Two Explosions Hit Japanese City in Suspected Suicide Bombing, One Killed
- My Removal From Govt an Attempt to Weaken SP Leadership: Shivpal
- Reports Say Queen Elizabeth Faces Massive Post-Brexit Losses
- Rajnath Singh Leaves for Three-Day Visit to Bahrain, to Raise Pak Issue
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- BJP Wants To Make India a Hindu Rashtra, Owaisi Attacks PM for His 'Jai Shri Ram' Greeting
- Injected With Petrol Into Their Private Parts, UP Teenagers Still Await Surgery
- Scenes With Ranbir in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Not Frivolous Sensuality: Aishwarya
- Muslim Woman Refuses to Accept Triple Talaq Notice by Husband
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'