Police Books Teacher for Thrashing Differently-Abled Boy
An eight-year-old differently-abled boy was allegedly assaulted by a 24-year-old teacher here, following which the police has booked the accused in this connection.
The incident which took place on July 30 in suburban Matunga came to light on August 2 when a video clip, showing the teacher thrashing the minor boy with a cane, was circulated among all the parents.
The teacher has been identified as Rima Kalgutkar, employed with Little Angels School for differently-abled.
"A person had recorded the entire episode of the teacher assaulting the student which he then forwarded to the child's parents. The parents of the boy got to see the clip on August 2, when they came to the school for a parents-teachers association meet," Inspector Shashikanth Londhe of Matunga police station told PTI.
Following the incident, the teacher has been suspended from the school, he said.
"Since the teacher has committed a crime by assaulting a student, her arrest is imminent. Once our preliminary investigation is over we will be arresting her," Londhe said.
Parents allege that the director of the school did not even apologise to them following their complaint, which led them to approach the police.
However, their claim was refuted by the director.
According to the parents, they first approached Matunga police to file a complaint against the teacher on August 5, who in turn asked them to approach the Child Rights Commission.
Based on the report of the Commission, the police lodged an FIR against the accused.
The teacher has been booked under IPC Section 323 (Punishment for voluntarily causing hurt) and the Juvenile Justice Act.
- CBI Court to Frame Charges Against Advani, Others
- Cyclone Mora Hits B'desh, India On High Alert
- 'Had A Good Interaction,' Says PM Modi After Meeting German Chancellor Merkel
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10