Police Books Teacher for Thrashing Differently-Abled Boy
An eight-year-old differently-abled boy was allegedly assaulted by a 24-year-old teacher here, following which the police has booked the accused in this connection.
The incident which took place on July 30 in suburban Matunga came to light on August 2 when a video clip, showing the teacher thrashing the minor boy with a cane, was circulated among all the parents.
The teacher has been identified as Rima Kalgutkar, employed with Little Angels School for differently-abled.
"A person had recorded the entire episode of the teacher assaulting the student which he then forwarded to the child's parents. The parents of the boy got to see the clip on August 2, when they came to the school for a parents-teachers association meet," Inspector Shashikanth Londhe of Matunga police station told PTI.
Following the incident, the teacher has been suspended from the school, he said.
"Since the teacher has committed a crime by assaulting a student, her arrest is imminent. Once our preliminary investigation is over we will be arresting her," Londhe said.
Parents allege that the director of the school did not even apologise to them following their complaint, which led them to approach the police.
However, their claim was refuted by the director.
According to the parents, they first approached Matunga police to file a complaint against the teacher on August 5, who in turn asked them to approach the Child Rights Commission.
Based on the report of the Commission, the police lodged an FIR against the accused.
The teacher has been booked under IPC Section 323 (Punishment for voluntarily causing hurt) and the Juvenile Justice Act.
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman