PM to Dedicate Raichur-Solapur Transmission Line on I-Day
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will tomorrow dedicate to the nation the Raichur-Solapur transmission line in Maharashtra, which will augment inter-regional capacity through synchronisation with the southern grid.
"The commissioning of one 765kV (kilovolt) Raichur-Solapur transmission line by Power Grid Corporation and synchronous interconnection of Southern Regional grid with the rest of the grid was achieved in December 2013," an official statement said.
The second 765kV Raichur–Solapur transmission line implemented through private sector participation has been completed on June 30, 2014, with guidance from Power Grid, the statement said.
The transmission line connects Raichur in Karnataka with Solapur in Maharashtra.
With both the transmission lines now in operation, the interconnection has helped in achieving a pan-India synchronous grid of 2,49,000 MW, one of the largest synchronous operating grids in the world, it added.
This transmission link will help in establishing reliable and resourceful infrastructure for import of power from the regional grids of northern, eastern, western and north-eastern parts to southern region during the time of peak demand, it said adding the line will also facilitate export of surplus power from southern region during off-peak demand.
"Augmentation of inter-regional capacity of southern region with rest of the grid will help in overcoming the constraints being faced in meeting the region’s maximum demand during summer season with the existing inter-regional links of southern region with western and eastern regions," the statement added.
It will provide access to bigger market for the existing and envisaged renewable generation capacity addition in resource rich southern region.
Synchronous operation of the southern region with rest of the country will give a boost to economic growth, it further added.
Earlier this week, Modi laid the foundation stone of Leh-Kargil-Srinagar transmission system in Jammu & Kashmir being executed by Power Grid Corporation.
- No Extension for Kumble, BCCI Looks For Head Coach
- 4 Women Gangraped, Man Shot Dead in UP's Bulandshahr
- Fadnavis Escapes Unhurt After Chopper Crash In Latur
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10