PM Invites Ideas From People on New Plan Body
Taking a step further towards scrapping the Planning Commission, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today invited ideas from the people on the new institution to replace the plan body.
The government also announced creation of a special open forum on the website mygov.Nic.In for suggestions on the new institution.
"We envision the proposed Institution as one that caters to the aspirations of 21st century India and strengthens participation of the States.... Let the ideas flow," the Prime Minister said in a statement.
It said, "The Prime Minister has invited ideas from people on what shape the new institution to replace the Planning Commission can take."
Addressing the nation from the Red Fort on Independence Day, Modi had said that the 64-year old Planning Commission, a vestige of socialist era, would be soon replaced with a new institution to address the current economic challenges and strengthen the federal structure.
"We need a new body with a new soul....We will have to think about giving a new shape to the Planning Commission.... Very soon this new institute will start working in place of Planning Commission," Modi had said.
He had said that it was set up to cater to the needs of earlier times and has participated in its own way in the development of the country.
"The internal situation of the country has changed, global environment has changed. Government is no longer the centre of economic development. Economy is much more broadbased now.
"State government is also a centre of development. I feel it is a good sign. If we have to take India forward, then states have to be taken forward," the Prime Minister had said.
Justifying the need to replace the Commission, he had said, "Sometime it becomes necessary to repair a house. It costs a lot of money. But it does not give us satisfaction. Then we feel it is better to make a new house."
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- PM Modi Unveils 112 Feet Shiva Statue In Coimbatore
- Crime Branch Begins Probe On ABVP AISA Clash At Ramjas College
- 'Do We Belong Here?' Asks Wife Of Indian Techie Who Was Shot Dead In US
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman