PIL Filed in SC to Ban Aamir Khan Starrer 'PK'
The controversy surrounding the release of poster of film PK showing Aamir Khan standing semi-nude with a radio has reached the Supreme Court with a PIL filed seeking ban on release of the film.
The petition, filed by All India Human Rights and Social Justice Front, will be taken up tomorrow by the apex court.
The petitioner submitted the film promotes nudity and pleaded the apex court to immediately intervene in the matter.
The petitioner has made Aamir Khan and the director of the film Rajkumar Hirani parties in the case in addition to the Centre and the Information and Broadcasting Ministry.
A case has already been filed in a court in Kanpur, on August 2, against Khan and the makers of the PK after its poster showed the Bollywood star barebodied except for a transistor covering his private parts.
In the complaint, lawyer Manoj Dixit accused the actor, producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra and director Rajkumar Hirani of promoting nudity and vulgarity.
- UP Ministry Expansion: Gayatri Prajapati Reinducted
- Shoe Hurled at Rahul Gandhi in UP, Person Detained
- Six Top JMB Activists Arrested From West Bengal, Assam
- K.J. George Takes Oath as Karnataka Minister After Clean Chit by CID in DySP Suicide Case
- Don't Have Enough Water to Release 6,000 Cusecs to TN: Karnataka to SC
- PSLV C-35 Places All Eight Satellites in Orbit
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- US Bans Many Soaps With Harmful Chemicals, Indians Too at Health Risk
- 6-Year-Old Boy Wonder Cooks Kerala's Puttu for US Audience on Ellen Show
- Bound By Chain Great Dane Starved To Death
- Sons, Brothers And The Samajwadi
- Govt Clears 11 FDI Proposals Worth Rs 2,325 Cr
- Several Injured by a Shooter at a Strip Mall in Houston
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: No Bail for Prasad Purohit
- Sunanda Case: Police Seeks Details of Deleted Chats
- Shipping Companies Too Ban Samsung Note 7 Onboard
- Will Not Compromise on Issue of Crimes: Kerala CM
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED