Paul McCartney Auctions Guitar to Help Save African Elephants
Singer Paul McCartney has auctioned one of his favourite guitars to help conservationists save African elephants.
The Martin D-28 left-handed guitar, which McCartney has signed, went up for auction on Wednesday, reported Contactmusic.
Proceeds from the sale will benefit the Nature Conservancy's African Elephant Initiative.
Alongside his signature, the former Beatles star, a keen animal activist, wrote, "This guitar saves elephants."
"To have Sir Paul's support and working with Martin Guitar is a real honour. This calibre of collaboration will make a difference to help end the worst poaching crisis in history," said David Banks, the managing director of the The Nature Conservancy's Africa Program.
- Delhi and Gujarat Will Fight Together Against BJP: Kejriwal
- US Court Overturns Indian-Origin Woman's Foeticide Conviction
- AN-32: IAF Lodges Missing Complaint With Tamil Nadu Police
- Wrestler Narsingh Fails Dope Test, Rio Participation Doubtful
- Clinton, Kaine Do Not Look Presidential: Trump
- Policeman Injured in Attack Dies, Toll in Kashmir Unrest 46
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- TMC Worker Shot Dead
- MCA Accepts SC Verdict in Toto, Pawar to Quit President's Post
- All-Party Team Should Take Up Mahanadi Dams Issue With PM: Cong
- Mehbooba Along With Several Ministers of PDP Meets Rajnath
- 'Only Elite, Not Muslim Masses Feel Alienation in India'
- Four Women Militants Arrested in Bangladesh
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED