Paul McCartney Auctions Guitar to Help Save African Elephants
Singer Paul McCartney has auctioned one of his favourite guitars to help conservationists save African elephants.
The Martin D-28 left-handed guitar, which McCartney has signed, went up for auction on Wednesday, reported Contactmusic.
Proceeds from the sale will benefit the Nature Conservancy's African Elephant Initiative.
Alongside his signature, the former Beatles star, a keen animal activist, wrote, "This guitar saves elephants."
"To have Sir Paul's support and working with Martin Guitar is a real honour. This calibre of collaboration will make a difference to help end the worst poaching crisis in history," said David Banks, the managing director of the The Nature Conservancy's Africa Program.
- Open the Dam Shutters, SC Asks Karnataka to Release 6000 Cusecs of Water to TN
- After Indus Water Treaty, India Will Now Review the Most Favoured Nation Status Given to Pak
- Corruption Accused Ex-Corporate Affairs DG Bansal Commits Suicide Along With Son
- Clinton Puts Trump on Defensive in Fiery First Presidential Debate
- USA: Nine Injured in Shooting at Strip Mall in Houston
- Abandon 'Dream' of Obtaining Kashmir: Swaraj to Pakistan
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- US Bans Many Soaps With Harmful Chemicals, Indians Too at Health Risk
- 6-Year-Old Boy Wonder Cooks Kerala's Puttu for US Audience on Ellen Show
- Bound By Chain Great Dane Starved To Death
- Yashvardhan Sinha Appointed India's High Commissioner to UK
- BSF Orders More Non-Lethal Weapons for Use at Bangladesh Border
- Pathankot on High Alert, Search Operation Launched
- Curfew Relaxed for Six Hours in Kishtwar District of J&K
- India Confronts Pak Envoy With Proof of Uri Attack's Cross Border Origins
- Pakistani Actors Should Condemn Uri Attack: Anupam Kher
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED