Party Will Surely Look into Varun Gandhi's Calibre: BJP
With Varun Gandhi dropped as General Secretary by BJP president Amit Shah who constituted his new team of office-bearers today, party secretary Siddharth Nath Singh said the party will surely look into his calibre and position him accordingly.
"There are many opportunities in the party, in the government and I am sure the party will look into his calibre and adjust him accordingly," Singh told reporters here.
Asked why there was no representation from West Bengal in Shah's newly-constituted team, Singh said "let me put it this way, you must have seen Narendra Modi by now, he doesn't want representation of states to be the hallmark. He believes in India as one. He looks at India as 125 crore".
"This is a problem in political thinking, that someone has to come from Bengal, some from UP. Modiji looks at India as one. The best talent which is in Bengal should be retained here to fight Mamata Banerjee. If I take the leadership away, then who will fight her here"? said Singh.
- Suicide Bomber Responsible For Manchester Blast
- Sukhoi Fighter Jet Goes Missing Near Tezpur in Assam
- Ex-Congress MP Naveen Jindal Summoned As Accused In Coal-Scam Case
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10