Party Will Surely Look into Varun Gandhi's Calibre: BJP
With Varun Gandhi dropped as General Secretary by BJP president Amit Shah who constituted his new team of office-bearers today, party secretary Siddharth Nath Singh said the party will surely look into his calibre and position him accordingly.
"There are many opportunities in the party, in the government and I am sure the party will look into his calibre and adjust him accordingly," Singh told reporters here.
Asked why there was no representation from West Bengal in Shah's newly-constituted team, Singh said "let me put it this way, you must have seen Narendra Modi by now, he doesn't want representation of states to be the hallmark. He believes in India as one. He looks at India as 125 crore".
"This is a problem in political thinking, that someone has to come from Bengal, some from UP. Modiji looks at India as one. The best talent which is in Bengal should be retained here to fight Mamata Banerjee. If I take the leadership away, then who will fight her here"? said Singh.
- Congress Bastion Amethi Goes To Polls
- Assault on Kerala Actress Scares Me: Deepika
- Nokia Relaunches Iconic 3310 With Colour Display, Web Features
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- 'You Want To Make Universities Laboratories For Separatist Experiments?' Naidu Asks Congress, Left
- Madras High Court Exempts Class Xth Non-Tamil Students From Writing Examination In Tamil
- Banned SIMI Chief And 10 Others Given Life Imprisonment In Sedition Case
- Airtel Removes Roaming Charges on Calls, Data
- Now, BJP MP Pratap Simha Compares Kargil Martyr's Daughter With Dawood Ibrahim
- Political Speeches, Anti-Trump Jibes Dominate Oscars 2017
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Delhi Court Acquits 2 In 2005 Serial Blasts, Sentences Third Accused To 10-Year Jail Term
- Govt Plans Chaupals To Link Weaker Sections To Cashless System
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events