Parts of WB Flooded, Red Alert on Teesta
Large parts of Jalpaiguri and Coochbehar districts were flooded following torrential rains in past two days with red alert hoisted at Domohoni point of Teesta, district authorities said.
The irrigation department issued red alert at Domohoni point, an unprotected embankment area, as Teesta was in spate in the wake of heavy rains in Dooars area and adjoining Bhutan hills for last two days.
Thousands of people in Binaguri, Banarhat, Jateswar in Jalpaiguri and Alipurduar and Hamiltonganj in Coochbehar were marooned as flood waters entered into over 1000 dwellings, a district official said.
The irrigation authorities issued yellow alert on Torsha in Coochbehar district with stretches of NH 31 and the State Highway flooded in pockets under Alipurduar sub-division affecting transport, the official said.
- Mumbai Is The Richest Indian City With Total Wealth Of USD 820 Billion
- Paytm Offers To Hire Employees Sacked By Rival Companies
- Kim Killing Suspect Thought She Was In A 'Comedy Video'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Gujarat ATS Arrests Two ISIS Suspects From Rajkot And Bhavnagar
- Army Examination Cancelled At 6 Centres After Question Papers Leak
- Tight Security In Haryana As Jats Observe 'Black Day'
- Some Students 'Fantasise' About Breaking India Under The Guise Of Freedom Of Speech, Says Kiren Rijiju
- Public Sector Banks May Go On A Strike On Feb 28
- Shiv Sena Our 'True Well Wisher', Say Winner Muslim Candidates
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan