Parts of WB Flooded, Red Alert on Teesta
Large parts of Jalpaiguri and Coochbehar districts were flooded following torrential rains in past two days with red alert hoisted at Domohoni point of Teesta, district authorities said.
The irrigation department issued red alert at Domohoni point, an unprotected embankment area, as Teesta was in spate in the wake of heavy rains in Dooars area and adjoining Bhutan hills for last two days.
Thousands of people in Binaguri, Banarhat, Jateswar in Jalpaiguri and Alipurduar and Hamiltonganj in Coochbehar were marooned as flood waters entered into over 1000 dwellings, a district official said.
The irrigation authorities issued yellow alert on Torsha in Coochbehar district with stretches of NH 31 and the State Highway flooded in pockets under Alipurduar sub-division affecting transport, the official said.
- Ahead of Diwali, Govt Approves 2 Per Cent Hike in DA
- Need to Have a Relook on the Minority Tag Given to Muslims: Giriraj Singh
- Pakistan Condemns 'Manhandling' Of Staffer, Says Espionage Charges False
- No Regulation of Media in a Democracy: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pak High Commission Staffer Asked to Leave India Within 48 Hrs
- SC Defers Hearing of Election Petition Against Sonia Gandhi
- Watch: Donald Trump Pulls Out All The Stops With 'Ab Ki Baar, Trump Sarkar'
- Daily Curator: What Happens In Family May Not Stay So
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Libya's Navy Says 90 Migrants Perished After Boat Fell Apart
- Ready to Sacrifice Myself for the Party: Amar Singh
- Neither Bua Nor Bhatija Can Improve Law and Order in UP: Amit Shah
- Pak Not to Attend Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster
- Twitter to Cut 9 Per Cent of Staff, Plots New Growth Strategy
- Ceasefire Violations, If Continues, Will Not Go Unpunished: Sharif Warns India
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED