Parts of WB Flooded, Red Alert on Teesta
Large parts of Jalpaiguri and Coochbehar districts were flooded following torrential rains in past two days with red alert hoisted at Domohoni point of Teesta, district authorities said.
The irrigation department issued red alert at Domohoni point, an unprotected embankment area, as Teesta was in spate in the wake of heavy rains in Dooars area and adjoining Bhutan hills for last two days.
Thousands of people in Binaguri, Banarhat, Jateswar in Jalpaiguri and Alipurduar and Hamiltonganj in Coochbehar were marooned as flood waters entered into over 1000 dwellings, a district official said.
The irrigation authorities issued yellow alert on Torsha in Coochbehar district with stretches of NH 31 and the State Highway flooded in pockets under Alipurduar sub-division affecting transport, the official said.
- 'One Nation One Tax' to Eliminate Corruption: Jaitley on GST
- Bangladeshi-Canadian Named as Dhaka Cafe Attack Mastermind
- Assam Flood Situation 'Grave And Challenging': Rajnath
- Karnataka CM's Son Dies of Pancreatitis in Belgium
- Clashes in Kashmir, Curfew Lifted in Many Areas
- Kashmir: Army Foils Infiltration Bid, Two Militants, Two Soldiers Killed
- Outlook Cover Story On RSS Trafficking Goes Viral
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Army Takes Possession of Adarsh Building
- Angul SP Injured in Clash Between BJD, BJP in Odisha
- Terrorists Like Burhan Wani Don't Deserve Second Chance: Deputy CM
- West Indies Reach 88 for 4 at Lunch vs India on Day 1
- 16 Killed in Texas Hot Air Balloon Crash
- Court Convicts Film Director Farooqui of Raping US Researcher
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED