Pakyong Airport Affected People Demand Rehabilitation
The Pakyong Airport Affected Family Committee today requested the administration to undertake the rehabilitation process earnestly and provide compensation to the 165 families affected by the ongoing construction of the Pakyong Greenfield Airport.
"We would like to request the district administration to work on the rehabilitation and compensation process which is yet to be done even though the damage assessment work has been completed by the authorities concerned," Coordinator of the Committee Basant Gurung told reporters here.
Assessment process of the 153 damaged houses had been completed, but work remained stopped for the past seven to eight months and living in damaged houses had become very precarious, he said.
The most affected locations are Dickling-Karthok, Bhanu Turning, Pushpanjali and Danlakha School area where houses suffered major damages, he said.
- CBSE Announces Class 12 Exam Results, Topper Scores 99.6%
- Curfew In Srinagar Day After Bhat Killed
- Police Reveal Photos Of Manchester Bomber
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10