Pakistan: Bomb Attack at Balochistan Hotel Kills One
At least one person was killed and 15 others were injured when a hand grenade was thrown at a restaurant in Pakistan's restive Balochistan province in the southwest, police said today.
The Nimat Kada eatery on the Prince Road in capital Quetta was packed with people when it was attacked by unknown militants.
City Police Officer Abdul Razzaq Cheema said that one person was killed and 15 others injured in the attack.
"Police is searching for the attackers who fled after hurling the grenade," he said. The victims were shifted to the Civil Hospital in Quetta for medical treatment, where condition of some of them was critical.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility but Baloch nationalists often target the security forces.
The Baloch are struggling for greater control over natural resources of the province which has seen a long-running insurgency.
- Stone-Pelters Should Fire Weapons, Then I Could Do What I Want: Rawat
- Impose Governor's Rule If J&K Is To Be Saved: Farooq Abdullah
- Narada Journalists Threaten Hunger Strike Over Dues
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10