Pak PM to Address Nation Ahead of Anti-Govt Protests
Ahead of two massive anti- government rallies on August 14, Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif will address the people and take them into confidence over his administration's strategy on opposition protests.
The decision to directly talk to the people was taken yesterday at a consultative meeting of Sharif with senior party leaders at his Raiwind estate near Lahore.
The televised address will be delivered this evening, less than 48 hours ahead of a joint protest by Canada-based Pakistani cleric Tahirul Qadri and cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan.
According to a senior leader of Sharif's Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), the Prime Minister will highlight his achievement during one year of rule and ask the people to reject the politics of protests.
He will also offer an olive branch to Khan over his complaints about rigging of last year's elections.
The leader also said the PML-N meeting in Raiwind decided to contain Qadri at his Model Town residence in Lahore but Khan will be allowed to lead his march.
Both Qadri and Khan are pursuing different objectives but have announced to bring hundreds and thousands of people to Islamabad to topple the government.
Qadri wants to bring a "revolution" while Khan wants snap polls through a reformed election commission to eliminate chances of electoral fraud.
- Open the Dam Shutters, SC Asks Karnataka to Release 6000 Cusecs of Water to TN
- After Indus Water Treaty, India Will Now Review the Most Favoured Nation Status Given to Pak
- Corruption Accused Ex-Corporate Affairs DG Bansal Commits Suicide Along With Son
- Clinton Puts Trump on Defensive in Fiery First Presidential Debate
- USA: Nine Injured in Shooting at Strip Mall in Houston
- Abandon 'Dream' of Obtaining Kashmir: Swaraj to Pakistan
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- US Bans Many Soaps With Harmful Chemicals, Indians Too at Health Risk
- 6-Year-Old Boy Wonder Cooks Kerala's Puttu for US Audience on Ellen Show
- Bound By Chain Great Dane Starved To Death
- Yashvardhan Sinha Appointed India's High Commissioner to UK
- BSF Orders More Non-Lethal Weapons for Use at Bangladesh Border
- Pathankot on High Alert, Search Operation Launched
- Curfew Relaxed for Six Hours in Kishtwar District of J&K
- India Confronts Pak Envoy With Proof of Uri Attack's Cross Border Origins
- Pakistani Actors Should Condemn Uri Attack: Anupam Kher
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED