Pak PM to Address Nation Ahead of Anti-Govt Protests
Ahead of two massive anti- government rallies on August 14, Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif will address the people and take them into confidence over his administration's strategy on opposition protests.
The decision to directly talk to the people was taken yesterday at a consultative meeting of Sharif with senior party leaders at his Raiwind estate near Lahore.
The televised address will be delivered this evening, less than 48 hours ahead of a joint protest by Canada-based Pakistani cleric Tahirul Qadri and cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan.
According to a senior leader of Sharif's Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), the Prime Minister will highlight his achievement during one year of rule and ask the people to reject the politics of protests.
He will also offer an olive branch to Khan over his complaints about rigging of last year's elections.
The leader also said the PML-N meeting in Raiwind decided to contain Qadri at his Model Town residence in Lahore but Khan will be allowed to lead his march.
Both Qadri and Khan are pursuing different objectives but have announced to bring hundreds and thousands of people to Islamabad to topple the government.
Qadri wants to bring a "revolution" while Khan wants snap polls through a reformed election commission to eliminate chances of electoral fraud.
- K.P.S. Gill, Who Killed Terrorism In Punjab, Dies
- Kushner Proposed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Diplomat
- K.P.S. Gill Ruled Indian Hockey With An Iron Fist
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10