Pak PM to Address Nation Ahead of Anti-Govt Protests
Ahead of two massive anti- government rallies on August 14, Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif will address the people and take them into confidence over his administration's strategy on opposition protests.
The decision to directly talk to the people was taken yesterday at a consultative meeting of Sharif with senior party leaders at his Raiwind estate near Lahore.
The televised address will be delivered this evening, less than 48 hours ahead of a joint protest by Canada-based Pakistani cleric Tahirul Qadri and cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan.
According to a senior leader of Sharif's Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), the Prime Minister will highlight his achievement during one year of rule and ask the people to reject the politics of protests.
He will also offer an olive branch to Khan over his complaints about rigging of last year's elections.
The leader also said the PML-N meeting in Raiwind decided to contain Qadri at his Model Town residence in Lahore but Khan will be allowed to lead his march.
Both Qadri and Khan are pursuing different objectives but have announced to bring hundreds and thousands of people to Islamabad to topple the government.
Qadri wants to bring a "revolution" while Khan wants snap polls through a reformed election commission to eliminate chances of electoral fraud.
- Eminent Writer Mahasweta Devi Dies at 90
- Why Is Dal So Expensive, Rahul Asks Modi
- Rajnath Singh to Visit Pakistan on August 3, Attend SAARC Meet
- Assam: Flood Situation Grim, Sonowal Visits Majuli Island
- Javadekar Meets RSS, Its Affiliates, Discusses New Education Policy
- Obama Passes Baton to Clinton, Says No One More Qualified
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Major Secretary-Level Reshuffle, Aruna Sharma New Steel Secretary
- Javadekar Holds Discussion With RSS Bodies on Education
- Ishrat Probe Officer Gets New Secretay-Level Posting for Two Years
- Good That Rajnath Will Travel to Pakistan: Omar Abdullah
- Security Forces Were Unaware of Wani's Presence: Mehbooba
- Tell States How Their Financial Interests Will be Protected: Yechury
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED