Pak Forces Kill Three Militants Including Top Taliban Leader
At least three militants including a top Pakistani-Taliban commander were killed in a joint operation carried out by the security forces and peace militia in northwestern Pakistan, security forces said today.
Qair Usman, a top Taliban commander was killed during an operation in Sonai Darra, a border village in Dir Upper District of Khyber Pakthunkhwa province, District Police Officer Javed Khan said.
"In a clash between the security forces and militants last week, three terrorists were killed in a cross fire and an important commander identified as Qari Usman alias Abu Bakar was also dead," he told reporters.
He was required to the forces in different incidents of terrorism and bomb blasts, he added. He was a Taliban commander for Dir Upper district for Tehrik e Taliban Swat chapter.
The arms seized from the militants after clashes at Sonai Darra was presented during the press conference. They also informed about the arms confiscated which included hand grenades, klashinkoves and thousands of cartridges of different bores.
The security forces had information about entrance of some terrorists in the district from Kunar province of Afghanistan and as such the security was put on high alert, they said.
Deputy Commissioner Dir Upper said that there would have been the rule of Taliban in Dir Upper district if the border areas were not secured by the forces.
"We have a long and difficult border with Afghanistan, he said adding that the security forces successfully secured the border against foreign intruders.
- Seven Pak Rangers Killed, One Terrorist Shot Down in Retaliatory Firing at IB in Kathua: BSF
- IS Jihadists Attack Iraq's Kirkuk in Mosul Diversion, 16 Dead
- SC Tightens Noose Around BCCI, Chokes Funds to State Units
- Govt Assures Prompt Action on ATM Card Data Breach
- Trump's National Political Director 'Steps Back' From Campaign
- Five Naval Men Held for Attacking Youth in Goa
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Watch: Jack Reacher-Never Go Back Trailer
- No Need for Comments After Varun's Clarification: BJP
- USA: Twitter, Spotify Disrupted as Internet Provider Reports Attack
- Sheena Bora Case: CBI Files Second Supplementary Charge Sheet
- Wipro Q2 Net Profit Dips 7.6% at Rs 2,070 Crore
- BJP Demands NIA Probe Into Killings of RSS, Party Activists
- Akhilesh Skips Meet Where Shivpal Declares Him CM Nominee
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'