Pak Forces Kill Three Militants Including Top Taliban Leader
At least three militants including a top Pakistani-Taliban commander were killed in a joint operation carried out by the security forces and peace militia in northwestern Pakistan, security forces said today.
Qair Usman, a top Taliban commander was killed during an operation in Sonai Darra, a border village in Dir Upper District of Khyber Pakthunkhwa province, District Police Officer Javed Khan said.
"In a clash between the security forces and militants last week, three terrorists were killed in a cross fire and an important commander identified as Qari Usman alias Abu Bakar was also dead," he told reporters.
He was required to the forces in different incidents of terrorism and bomb blasts, he added. He was a Taliban commander for Dir Upper district for Tehrik e Taliban Swat chapter.
The arms seized from the militants after clashes at Sonai Darra was presented during the press conference. They also informed about the arms confiscated which included hand grenades, klashinkoves and thousands of cartridges of different bores.
The security forces had information about entrance of some terrorists in the district from Kunar province of Afghanistan and as such the security was put on high alert, they said.
Deputy Commissioner Dir Upper said that there would have been the rule of Taliban in Dir Upper district if the border areas were not secured by the forces.
"We have a long and difficult border with Afghanistan, he said adding that the security forces successfully secured the border against foreign intruders.
- Kabul: Blast Rips Through Protest, 20 Dead, 160 Wounded
- Eminent Painter S.H. Raza Dies at 94
- Kashmir Unrest: Curfew Lifted From Four Districts
- Chennai: Search Continues for Missing IAF Plane
- Clinton Picks Senator Tim Kaine as VP Running Mate
- 'Lone' Munich Shooter Kills Nine in Mall Rampage, Commits Suicide
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Mehbooba Visits Victims' Families, Seeks Public Help to End Violence
- BJP Demands Probe Into Role of NC in Kashmir Unrest
- BSP-BJP in Competition on Using Foul Language: Akhilesh Yadav
- J&K: Minor Girl Allegedly Raped by Teacher in School
- 'Big Brother Watching' Process Would Be Unpleasant: Jaitley on Black Money
- Punjab: BSP Activists Hold Protest Rally
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED