Pak Forces Kill Three Militants Including Top Taliban Leader
At least three militants including a top Pakistani-Taliban commander were killed in a joint operation carried out by the security forces and peace militia in northwestern Pakistan, security forces said today.
Qair Usman, a top Taliban commander was killed during an operation in Sonai Darra, a border village in Dir Upper District of Khyber Pakthunkhwa province, District Police Officer Javed Khan said.
"In a clash between the security forces and militants last week, three terrorists were killed in a cross fire and an important commander identified as Qari Usman alias Abu Bakar was also dead," he told reporters.
He was required to the forces in different incidents of terrorism and bomb blasts, he added. He was a Taliban commander for Dir Upper district for Tehrik e Taliban Swat chapter.
The arms seized from the militants after clashes at Sonai Darra was presented during the press conference. They also informed about the arms confiscated which included hand grenades, klashinkoves and thousands of cartridges of different bores.
The security forces had information about entrance of some terrorists in the district from Kunar province of Afghanistan and as such the security was put on high alert, they said.
Deputy Commissioner Dir Upper said that there would have been the rule of Taliban in Dir Upper district if the border areas were not secured by the forces.
"We have a long and difficult border with Afghanistan, he said adding that the security forces successfully secured the border against foreign intruders.
- No Extension for Kumble, BCCI Looks For Head Coach
- 4 Women Gangraped, Man Shot Dead in UP's Bulandshahr
- Fadnavis Escapes Unhurt After Chopper Crash In Latur
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10