Over 300 Cases Against J&K Officials Under Investigation
Over 300 cases against state officials are at various stages of investigation, while probe in 35 such cases were completed over the past four years, the Jammu and Kashmir Government today said.
"As many as 189 cases are registered with State Vigilance Organisation (SVO) against over 450 government officials, Crime Branch of state police is investigating 115 other such cases," the government said in a written reply in the Legislative Assembly here.
Majority of the cases registered under various sections of Prevention of Corruption Act and Ranbir Penal Code (RPC) pertained to corrupt practices, misuse of official position and misappropriation of government funds, besides illegal appointments, frauds and land grabbing, the government said.
It said while Jammu wing of the SVO is investigating 95 cases registered between 2006 and 2014 against 233 officials, the Kashmir wing of the anti-corruption body is investigating 93 such cases registered between 2007-2014 against 195 officials.
In addition, the Kashmir wing is also re-investigating a case registered in 2000 on the directions of a court, the government said.
Investigation by SVO in 32 corruption cases -- 26 in Jammu and 6 in Kashmir -- were completed and the accused officials were convicted by the special court during 2011-14.
The government said Crime Branch is investigating a total of 115 cases, 66 in Kashmir and 49 in Jammu. Twenty-three of the cases have reached the evidence stage while 11 are at the initial stages.
The government said the special judge of the anti-corruption court in Jammu has convicted three officials - two head constables and a store-keeper - between 2012 and 2014.
- Suicide Bomber Responsible For Manchester Blast
- Sukhoi Fighter Jet Goes Missing Near Tezpur in Assam
- Ex-Congress MP Naveen Jindal Summoned As Accused In Coal-Scam Case
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10