Over 300 Cases Against J&K Officials Under Investigation
Over 300 cases against state officials are at various stages of investigation, while probe in 35 such cases were completed over the past four years, the Jammu and Kashmir Government today said.
"As many as 189 cases are registered with State Vigilance Organisation (SVO) against over 450 government officials, Crime Branch of state police is investigating 115 other such cases," the government said in a written reply in the Legislative Assembly here.
Majority of the cases registered under various sections of Prevention of Corruption Act and Ranbir Penal Code (RPC) pertained to corrupt practices, misuse of official position and misappropriation of government funds, besides illegal appointments, frauds and land grabbing, the government said.
It said while Jammu wing of the SVO is investigating 95 cases registered between 2006 and 2014 against 233 officials, the Kashmir wing of the anti-corruption body is investigating 93 such cases registered between 2007-2014 against 195 officials.
In addition, the Kashmir wing is also re-investigating a case registered in 2000 on the directions of a court, the government said.
Investigation by SVO in 32 corruption cases -- 26 in Jammu and 6 in Kashmir -- were completed and the accused officials were convicted by the special court during 2011-14.
The government said Crime Branch is investigating a total of 115 cases, 66 in Kashmir and 49 in Jammu. Twenty-three of the cases have reached the evidence stage while 11 are at the initial stages.
The government said the special judge of the anti-corruption court in Jammu has convicted three officials - two head constables and a store-keeper - between 2012 and 2014.
- Samsung Heir Indicted For Bribery, Embezzlement
- Uber Asks Top Executive To Go For Hiding Sexual Harassment Charge
- Ringing Bells Manager Arrested For Fraud
- 'Have Killed Iranians': Kansas Shooter Told Bartender
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- OECD Cuts India's Growth to 7%, Says India a Star Performer
- 'It's About The Freedom To Coexist Yet Disagree':Hundreds Participate In DU Protest March Against ABVP
- Shooter Jitu Rai Wins Bronze in ISSF World Cup
- FIR Registered Against Unknown Persons In Connection With The Case Of Kargil Martyr's Daughter
- RBI Sets Up Panel to Review Cyber Threats
- Reliance Jio's Tariff Aggressive, Unsustainable, Says Airtel's Sunil Mittal
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Delhi Court Acquits 2 In 2005 Serial Blasts, Sentences Third Accused To 10-Year Jail Term
- Govt Plans Chaupals To Link Weaker Sections To Cashless System
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events