Over 300 Cases Against J&K Officials Under Investigation
Over 300 cases against state officials are at various stages of investigation, while probe in 35 such cases were completed over the past four years, the Jammu and Kashmir Government today said.
"As many as 189 cases are registered with State Vigilance Organisation (SVO) against over 450 government officials, Crime Branch of state police is investigating 115 other such cases," the government said in a written reply in the Legislative Assembly here.
Majority of the cases registered under various sections of Prevention of Corruption Act and Ranbir Penal Code (RPC) pertained to corrupt practices, misuse of official position and misappropriation of government funds, besides illegal appointments, frauds and land grabbing, the government said.
It said while Jammu wing of the SVO is investigating 95 cases registered between 2006 and 2014 against 233 officials, the Kashmir wing of the anti-corruption body is investigating 93 such cases registered between 2007-2014 against 195 officials.
In addition, the Kashmir wing is also re-investigating a case registered in 2000 on the directions of a court, the government said.
Investigation by SVO in 32 corruption cases -- 26 in Jammu and 6 in Kashmir -- were completed and the accused officials were convicted by the special court during 2011-14.
The government said Crime Branch is investigating a total of 115 cases, 66 in Kashmir and 49 in Jammu. Twenty-three of the cases have reached the evidence stage while 11 are at the initial stages.
The government said the special judge of the anti-corruption court in Jammu has convicted three officials - two head constables and a store-keeper - between 2012 and 2014.
- My Party and My Family Are United: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Tata-Mistry Tussle Heads to the Courts As Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC, NCLT
- Yashwant Sinha Led Delegation Meets Hurriyat Leader Geelani to Break Kashmir Impasse
- Six Members of a Family Injured in Pak Shelling in Jammu
- SC Directs Vijay Mallya to Disclose His Foreign Assets in Four Weeks
- Delhi: One Person Killed In Blast At Naya Bazar, Rajnath Calls Delhi CP
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- E-Ballot Facility for Service Voters Gets Govt Nod: CEC
- Snatch Tribal Rights, Face Action, Warns PM
- 300-Year-Old British Coin, One of Only 20 Ever Minted, Found in 4-Year-Old's Treasure Chest
- Muslim Community Must Seriously Ponder Over Triple Talaq: RSS
- Rename HRD Ministry as Education Ministry: Sisodia to Javadekar
- Saudi Man Dumps Bride for Sharing Pictures on Snapchat Just 2 Hrs After Wedding
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman Of Tata Sons, Ratan Tata To Hold Interim Position
- Ratan Tata: 'I Think Everybody Knows Where The Intolerance Is Coming From...'
- Now, Adult Film Star Accuses Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Not Just a Business Partner, But an Ally Who Stood By India in its Darkest Hours: Russia