Opposition Stage Walkout In Lok Sabha Against Efforts to Form BJP Govts in Goa, Manipur
Congress and its UPA allies today staged a walkout of the Lok Sabha to protest the alleged efforts to install BJP government in Goa and Manipur despite it having the numbers.
Members of Congress, NCP and RJD raised the issue during Question Hour. Congress leader in the House Mallikarjun Kharge claimed that democracy is being murdered.
When the Speaker said she would not allow the Question Hour to be disrupted and members should raise such matters in the Zero Hour, Kharge said if they are not allowed to raise the issue in the House, where else would they go.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said since the Congress leader has used "strong words", they should either be expunged or the government be allowed to respond.
The Speaker said nothing beyond the questions and answers will be allowed to go on record.
The Congress, NCP and RJD members then staged a walkout.
The Congress has alleged that the BJP is moving against the law and precedent in forming their governments in Goa and Manipur, saying they are the single largest party in both the states.
- SC Seeks EC's Response
- No Rape Because Woman Didn't Scream
- Should Sidhu Be Allowed to Multitask?
- Aadhaar Not Needed For Mid-Day Meals
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Anti-Romeo Squads: Don't Criticise From Day One, Says UP Guv
- Competition Commission Imposes Rs 591 Crore Fine on Coal India
- Coal Scam: SC Rejects Ranjit Sinha's Plea to Recall Its Order
- Ravindra Gaikwad Should Be Punished, Says 62-Year-Old Staffer Who Was Beaten By The Shiv Sena MLA
- Subramanian Swamy's Latest Bill Seeks 'Deterrent Punishment', Death Penalty for Cow Slaughter
- Invest in Education: President's Advice to Bihar, Jharkhand
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Yogi Adityanath Makes Surprise Visit To Police Station In Lucknow
- Plea Against Kejriwal: Court Raps Police for Indecisiveness
- After Shiv Sena MP's Slipper Assault, Air India Mulling Preparing No-Fly List for Unruly Passengers
- With Vikalp, Passengers on Wait List Can Tavel in Rajdhani at Mail, Express Fare