Odisha CM Launches Sand Art Coffee-Table Book
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today released a coffee table book on Sand Art and Sand Sculpture titled Imaginations in Sand.
The book, a first of its kind the country, has been published by Sudarsan Pattnaik, who was conferred with Padma Sri this year for popularising sand art, and is a rare composition of photographs and scribbles showcasing various expressions and experiments in the ancient form of sand art.
Minister for Tourism and Culture Ashok Chandra Panda, Commissioner-cum-Secretary, Tourism and Culture Arabinda Kumar Padhee and several eminent personalities were present on the occasion.
"With the increasing popularity of sand art and sculptures across the world, I decided to make the book to enable sand art lovers as well as all people to readily have the delight of glancing through popular sand sculptures that were made by me in several countries across the world," Sudarshan said.
"Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, who is an author and a keen art lover, guided me on how to go about on the book and supported me in making this book happen," he said.
Sudarshan said he would donate 50 per cent of the entire sales proceeding of the book on the inaugural day to the Chief Minister's Relief Fund for the people affected in the recent floods.
'Imaginations in sand' has 11 broad categories comprising photographs and scribbles on sand art and sculpture by Sudarsan Pattnaik on several contemporary themes and issues over the years.
Some of the categories are Where Gold is Green and Blue, Sand for Social Causes, A World without borders, Saluting Talent, Emblazoned in the sands of times, Contours of Power, Sporting with Sand, A tribute to Nirbhaya, An artistic journey beyond sand, The Art of Narration and Celebrating life.
The 54-page book is priced at Rs 2,000, Sudarshan said.
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Government To Launch 'Twitter Seva' To Address Public Grievances
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman