NSEL Scam: ED Attaches Rs 18.1 Cr Assets of Defaulting Firm
Initiating yet another action in the NSEL scam case, the Enforcement Directorate has attached assets worth Rs 18.1 crore of an accused firm in connection with its money laundering probe.
According to an ED order, the agency has seized movable and immovable properties of the firm-- Ms N K Proteins-- in Mumbai, Noida, Ahmedabad and Palanpur in Gujarat under the criminal provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
"The total value of the seized assets is Rs 18.1 crore," the order said.
The central probe agency's Mumbai unit had registered a criminal FIR in this case in October last year to probe money laundering instances in the Rs 5,600-crore scam.
It has so far attached assets to the tune of over Rs 500 crore of the defaulting firms and is conducting a parallel probe in this case alongside the Mumbai Police and other investigative agencies.
The National Spot Exchange Limited's payment troubles started after it was ordered by regulator Forward Markets Commission (FMC) in July last year to suspend spot trade in most of its contracts due to suspected trading violations.
The exchange could not settle the outstanding trades, sparking investigations by the police and regulators to find out whether the exchange had defrauded traders by not enforcing rules requiring sufficient collateral to be set aside.
- Former Punjab DGP K.P.S. Gill Dies At 82
- Wreckage Of Missing Sukhoi Fighter Jet Found
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10