NSEL Scam: ED Attaches Rs 18.1 Cr Assets of Defaulting Firm
Initiating yet another action in the NSEL scam case, the Enforcement Directorate has attached assets worth Rs 18.1 crore of an accused firm in connection with its money laundering probe.
According to an ED order, the agency has seized movable and immovable properties of the firm-- Ms N K Proteins-- in Mumbai, Noida, Ahmedabad and Palanpur in Gujarat under the criminal provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
"The total value of the seized assets is Rs 18.1 crore," the order said.
The central probe agency's Mumbai unit had registered a criminal FIR in this case in October last year to probe money laundering instances in the Rs 5,600-crore scam.
It has so far attached assets to the tune of over Rs 500 crore of the defaulting firms and is conducting a parallel probe in this case alongside the Mumbai Police and other investigative agencies.
The National Spot Exchange Limited's payment troubles started after it was ordered by regulator Forward Markets Commission (FMC) in July last year to suspend spot trade in most of its contracts due to suspected trading violations.
The exchange could not settle the outstanding trades, sparking investigations by the police and regulators to find out whether the exchange had defrauded traders by not enforcing rules requiring sufficient collateral to be set aside.
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Government To Launch 'Twitter Seva' To Address Public Grievances
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman