NSEL Scam: ED Attaches Rs 18.1 Cr Assets of Defaulting Firm
Initiating yet another action in the NSEL scam case, the Enforcement Directorate has attached assets worth Rs 18.1 crore of an accused firm in connection with its money laundering probe.
According to an ED order, the agency has seized movable and immovable properties of the firm-- Ms N K Proteins-- in Mumbai, Noida, Ahmedabad and Palanpur in Gujarat under the criminal provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
"The total value of the seized assets is Rs 18.1 crore," the order said.
The central probe agency's Mumbai unit had registered a criminal FIR in this case in October last year to probe money laundering instances in the Rs 5,600-crore scam.
It has so far attached assets to the tune of over Rs 500 crore of the defaulting firms and is conducting a parallel probe in this case alongside the Mumbai Police and other investigative agencies.
The National Spot Exchange Limited's payment troubles started after it was ordered by regulator Forward Markets Commission (FMC) in July last year to suspend spot trade in most of its contracts due to suspected trading violations.
The exchange could not settle the outstanding trades, sparking investigations by the police and regulators to find out whether the exchange had defrauded traders by not enforcing rules requiring sufficient collateral to be set aside.
- PM Should Also be Suspended for 'Inviting ISI to Pathankot': Mann
- Patient Shoots Doctor at Berlin Hospital, Kills Self: Police
- Irom Sharmila to Call Off Hunger Strike After 16 Years
- Devas-Antrix Deal: India Loses Arbitration Case at the Hague
- Four Militants Killed, Another Apprehended in Kupwara
- Flipkart Acquires Jabong From Global Fashion Group
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- 'Pained' by Una Episode, Many Dalits Plan to Embrace Buddhism
- British PM May Calls Sharif to Discuss Ties
- Child Labour Bill a Missed Opportunity for Children: Satyarthi
- Govt Holds Meet With RSS Affiliates Over Key Economic Issues
- HC Seeks Centre's Report on Use of Pellet Guns in Kashmir
- Psychological Warfare on Social Media Our New Threat: Rathore
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED