Now BJP's Version of Whatsapp: Bhajapa Samvad Setu
The BJP plans to launch a multimedia messaging service on the lines of WhatsApp before the scheduled local body elections.
"We are developing a multimedia messaging service on the lines of WhatsApp to be called Bhajapa Samvad Setu," a senior office bearer of the BJP's state level information technology cell told PTI here today on condition of anonymity.
He said that during the last Lok Sabha and assembly polls, the party extensively used the WhatsApp platform, but because of a large number of messages appearing on it, many a time, youth avoided looking at them.
"We want a large number of youth to see our messages and therefore we have decided to develop our own messaging service," he said.
At present, the service is at the testing stage and if all goes well, then this multimedia messaging service would be launched before local body elections, he said.
The messaging service would have a lot of informative messages for the benefit of the people, he said.
People would be able to exchange text, audio-video and photos on this service, which citizens too would be able to use, besides BJP workers, he said.
Commenting on the proposed service, State Congress Chief Spokesperson K K Mishra said it would prove to be a flop service like cheap Chinese mobile phones and people would not get into the BJP's "trap" this time.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Hafiz Saeed A Serious Threat To Nation: Pak's Defence Minister
- CBI Searches Former Chief A.P. Singh's Residence
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- CBI Arrests IRS Officer For Bribery In IPL-Betting Scam
- Cong Promises to Strive for Removal of AFSPA If Voted Back to Power
- Indefinite Bandh Called Off In Nagaland
- At Least 6 Killed, 14 Injured In Suicide Blast Outside Pakistan Court
- Trump Picks Lt Gen McMaster As New National Security Advisor
- BSF Foils Infiltration Bid Along LoC, Militant Killed
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Wary Of Indian Space-Tech, China Plans On Fast-Tracking Its Rocket Launches
- 'He Would Put His Fingers Inside Me, Move My Leg Around': US Gymnasts Accuse Former Team Doctor
- Stockholm-Based Think-Tank Says India Was The World's Largest Arms Importer In The Past Five Years
- Woman Allegedly Raped Near South Delhi's Hauz Khas Village