Noted Oriya Poet Brajanath Ratha Dead
Eminent poet of Oriya literature and social activist Brajanath Ratha today died following prolonged illness at his residence here, family sources said. He was 79.
Rath was the recipient of many prestigious awards, including the Orissa Sahitya Academy Award, Vishuba Award, Gokarnika Award and the Shudramuni Sahitya Award.
He was also honoured by global cooperation society international, Seoul, Republic of Korea for contribution to world peace and welfare, cooperation and services.
Rath was conferred the highest honours from the Orissa Sahitya Academy Award for 'Manara Manachitra'. He was also awarded the Tagore Literature Award (2010) for his poetry collection 'Samanya Asamanya'.
He is survived by his wife Pushpalata Devi and three sons.
- K.P.S. Gill, Who Killed Terrorism In Punjab, Dies
- K.P.S. Gill: The Man Who Won The Terror Battle In Punjab
- K.P.S. Gill Ruled Indian Hockey With An Iron Fist
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10