Not Allowed to Speak in LS, Only One Man's Voice Counts: Rahul
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, who had stormed the Well in Lok Sabha demanding a debate on communal tension, today charged the Narendra Modi government with not allowing discussion in Parliament where he said only one man's voice is heard.
"We are not being allowed to speak in Parliament. We are asking for discussion. There is a mentality in the government that discussion is not acceptable. Everybody feels it, their party feels it, we feel it, everybody feels it," Gandhi told reporters outside Parliament.
"There is a mood in Parliament that only one man's voice counts for anything in this country," he said after Congress members stormed the Well of the House demanding a discussion on growing incidents of communal tension.
"We are raising a point, we are asking for discussion... The Speaker, I mean...It is completely one-sided, partiality. That's what we are raising," Gandhi said.
Reacting to a reporter's comment that he was raising his voice for the first time and leading from the front, Gandhi said, "I have raised my voice many times in Parliament."
Congress had earlier given notice of on adjournment motion in Lok Sabha over rising incidents of communal violence in the country.
The notice was given by Congress leader in Lok Sabha Mallikarjun Kharge, party MP M I Shahnawaz and party whip K C Venugopal.
- Forced to Marry Pak Man, Uzma Returns, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- HRD Minister Assures To Declare CBSE Results On Time
- Maharashtra CM Escapes Unhurt After His Helicopter Crash Lands In Latur
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10