Noida: Constable Allegedly Rapes Minor Girl, Booked
A constable of Uttar Pradesh police allegedly raped a minor girl in Dadri area.
The victim’s relative has lodged an FIR at Dadri police station today alleging constable Anil had forcibly took the girl to his room and raped her on July 30, police said.
The girl was admitted to a hospital and discharged from there after which she told her parents about the alleged rape incident.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Anurag Singh said accused the constable is posted at Bulandshhar and is absconding.
In a separate case at Dadri, a woman alleged she was kidnapped from Gautampuri colony and raped.
When she resisted, she alleged the accused applied a burning cigarette on her body and tried to kill her by strangulation.
She further alleged the accused made fake marriage certificate and made her sign it.
At Noida, a female engineer has lodged a case of alleged sexual harassment against a company manager.
Police said the manager has been detained for interrogation.
FROM OUTLOOKCrimeA series of shocking crimes that began the year seal Delhi's reputation as an anti-woman city...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionExtracted with permission from Rama Lakshmi's persmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESA 24-year-old MBA student was kidnapped and allegmore from WIRES>>>
- Agli Baar, Medal Beshumaar: PM Announces Task Force to Prepare India for Olympics
- France Top Court Suspends Burkini Ban
- Pak Regrets India's Rejection of 'Discuss Kashmir' Proposal
- Scorpene Data Leak Not a Big Worry: Parrikar
- Can't Order Establishment of 'Ram Rajya' in the Country: SC
- Haji Ali Dargah Should Allow Women, Says Bombay HC
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Whistleblower to Handover Scorpene Data Disk to Aus Govt: Newspaper
- Kanhaiya, Two Others Granted Regular Bail in Sedition Case
- Odisha Govt Admits Lapses, Man Says No Heed Paid by Hospital
- Are Decisions Taken by Cabinet Being Implemented, PM Seeks to Know
- AAP Removes Chhotepur as Punjab Convenor
- Cong Raking Up Needless Controversies for Political Gains: Naidu
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED