No Room for Advani in Parliament?
BJP patriarch L K Advani seems to have been deprived of a room in Parliament House which he was occupying for the last 10 years as NDA working chairman.
Inside the Lok Sabha, he appeared confused over his seat.
Indications that the former Deputy Prime Minister may have lost Room No 4 came when his name plate outside was missing even though the one carrying the name of NDA Chairman Atal Behari Vajpayee was intact. With Vajpayee ill for a long time, Advani used to occupy the room.
The absence of Advani's name plate bearing and position of Working Chairman of National Democratic Alliance (NDA) was conspicuous as the the development took place when the rooms were being allotted afresh in the new Lok Sabha.
The 86-year-old party veteran instead chose to take rest in the BJP Parliamentary Party office which is generally used by MPs for Parliamentary work.
Though he continues to be Chairman of BJP Parliamentary Party, Advani did not sit on the main chair in the room and instead perched himself on a sofa.
Sources close to him tried to downplay the issue, saying "there is no confusion" and expressed confidence that he will be allotted a room soon.
Lok Sabha Secretariat said it has no role in the allotment of rooms.
Inside the Lok Sabha too, Advani appeared confused as to where to sit.
In the morning, he sat in the front row in the House. When he entered, he wanted to sit in the second row along with Parliamentary Affairs Minister M Venkaiah Naidu, who was seen pleading with him to move to the front row.
Then he sat in the front row besides Home Minister Rajnath Singh, Sushma Swaraj and Ram Vilas Paswan and took oath there itself. He, however, did not sit next to Prime Minister Narendra Modi even though the seat was vacant unlike yesterday.
In the afternoon when he came after a break, he was looking for a seat and finally sat in the 8th row.
- Govt Plans to Further Liberalize Visa Regime to Boost Tourism: Swaraj
- Teesta Setalvad Liable for Mixing Religion With Politics: HRD Panel
- SP Appears on Brink of Split as CM Sacks Shivpal, Mulayam Expels Ramgopal
- Now, Adult Film Star Accuses Trump of Sexual Harassment
- BSF Jawan Gurnam Singh Injured in Pak Attack Succumbs to Injuries
- ADHM Row: Army Upset Over Being Dragged Into Film Politics, Rejects Forced Donation
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Kabaddi Player Rohit Kumar Sent to Judicial Custody in Wife's Suicide Case
- Not Just a Business Partner, But an Ally Who Stood By India in its Darkest Hours: Russia
- Two Explosions Hit Japanese City in Suspected Suicide Bombing, One Killed
- My Removal From Govt an Attempt to Weaken SP Leadership: Shivpal
- Reports Say Queen Elizabeth Faces Massive Post-Brexit Losses
- Rajnath Singh Leaves for Three-Day Visit to Bahrain, to Raise Pak Issue
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- BJP Wants To Make India a Hindu Rashtra, Owaisi Attacks PM for His 'Jai Shri Ram' Greeting
- Injected With Petrol Into Their Private Parts, UP Teenagers Still Await Surgery
- Scenes With Ranbir in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Not Frivolous Sensuality: Aishwarya
- Muslim Woman Refuses to Accept Triple Talaq Notice by Husband
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'