No Inaccurate Translation in Civil Services Examination: Govt
Government today said there is no inaccuracy in translation of questions from English to Hindi in the civil service examination.
"No," said Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Jitendra Singh in written reply to Lok Sabha when asked whether inaccurate translation from English to Hindi has created problem for civil services aspirants.
Several civil services aspirants have been protesting in the national capital demanding changes in the pattern of Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) citing alleged wrong translation and level of questions, saying they favour aspirants coming from technical and management educational background.
Singh has recently announced that English marks in CSAT-II will not be included for gradation or merit in the civil services preliminary examination.
The preliminary examination is scheduled to be held on August 24.
The examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in three stages--preliminary, main, and interview-- to choose candidates for Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and Indian Police Service (IPS) among others.
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Government To Launch 'Twitter Seva' To Address Public Grievances
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman