No Inaccurate Translation in Civil Services Examination: Govt
Government today said there is no inaccuracy in translation of questions from English to Hindi in the civil service examination.
"No," said Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Jitendra Singh in written reply to Lok Sabha when asked whether inaccurate translation from English to Hindi has created problem for civil services aspirants.
Several civil services aspirants have been protesting in the national capital demanding changes in the pattern of Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) citing alleged wrong translation and level of questions, saying they favour aspirants coming from technical and management educational background.
Singh has recently announced that English marks in CSAT-II will not be included for gradation or merit in the civil services preliminary examination.
The preliminary examination is scheduled to be held on August 24.
The examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in three stages--preliminary, main, and interview-- to choose candidates for Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and Indian Police Service (IPS) among others.
- NADA Concludes Hearing, Decision on Narsingh's Fate Deferred
- FM Hits Back at Rahul, Says NDA Has Brought Down Inflation
- Eminent Writer Mahasweta Devi Dies at 90
- Rajnath to Raise Pak-Sponsored Terror, No Bilateral With Pak Counterpart
- Assam: Flood Situation Grim, Sonowal Visits Majuli Island
- Obama Passes Baton to Clinton, Says No One More Qualified
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Flood Toll in Assam Mounts to 21
- Malpractices in Vyapam: SC Bench Seeks Clarification in Order
- Facing Death Threat From Kejriwal, His Men, Sacked AAP Minister
- India-Bangladesh to Fight Terror Jointly
- Mayawati Ridicules UP Govt for Not Arresting Dayashankar
- PM Extends Support to Bangladesh in Fight Against Terrorism
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED