No Idea What Rane Was Promised: Chavan
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan has pleaded ignorance about claims made by rebel state minister Narayan Rane regarding assurance of chief ministership by Congress when he left Shiv Sena nine years ago.
Referring to the tirade launched by Rane, Chavan said, "I have no idea of what he assumed about his political future when he left Shiv Sena to join Congress."
"He is angry over this issue (being denied chief ministership). But I have no knowledge of what understanding he had that time and I cannot be held responsible for this."
Considered a political heavyweight in Konkan region of Maharashtra, Rane has alleged that Congress had gone back on its assurance to make him Chief Minister within six months after joining the party.
Rane, who holds the Industries portfolio in Chavan's cabinet, recently resigned from the post expressing his ire over Congress high command's failure to keep the promise purportedly given to him.
He also attacked Chavan saying Maharashtra Congress was sure to lose the forthcoming Assembly polls under his leadership.
"I have not accepted his resignation and he continues to be a member of my cabinet. I have conveyed his expectations to the party high command. Rane has met Congress leadership in Delhi which will take a decision in this regard," Chavan told a Marathi news channel.
Asked whether he felt hurt when Rane questioned his ability to lead the party in the Assembly poll, the CM said, "I felt bad because of the personal attack on me. But continued a dialogue with him in the interest of the party."
FROM OUTLOOKCongressAs the elections approach, expectations are high in the Congress that the Gandhi bahu will give a call...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBReportagePrime Minister Narendra Modi’s promise of &lmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESNew Delhi, July 23 (pti) Mohan Prakash, former genmore from WIRES>>>
- 'One Nation One Tax' to Eliminate Corruption: Jaitley on GST
- Bangladeshi-Canadian Named as Dhaka Cafe Attack Mastermind
- Assam Flood Situation 'Grave And Challenging': Rajnath
- Karnataka CM's Son Dies of Pancreatitis in Belgium
- Clashes in Kashmir, Curfew Lifted in Many Areas
- Kashmir: Army Foils Infiltration Bid, Two Militants, Two Soldiers Killed
- Outlook Cover Story On RSS Trafficking Goes Viral
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Army Takes Possession of Adarsh Building
- Angul SP Injured in Clash Between BJD, BJP in Odisha
- Terrorists Like Burhan Wani Don't Deserve Second Chance: Deputy CM
- West Indies Reach 88 for 4 at Lunch vs India on Day 1
- 16 Killed in Texas Hot Air Balloon Crash
- Court Convicts Film Director Farooqui of Raping US Researcher
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED