No Anti-Dumping Duty on Certain Steel Threaded Rod from India
An independent US quasi-judicial federal agency has ruled out against imposing any anti-dumping duty against certain categories of steel threaded rod from India.
The ruling by United States International Trade Commission (USITC) came yesterday a month after US Department of Commerce determined that Indian steel threaded rod was being dumped in the country and sought imposition of anti-dumping duty against it.
"The USITC today determined that a US industry is neither materially injured nor threatened with material injury by reason of imports of certain steel threaded rod from India that the US Department of Commerce has determined are subsidised and sold in the United States at less than fair value," a media statement said.
The USITC Chairman Meredith M Broadbent, Vice Chairman Dean A Pinkert and Commissioners Irving A Williamson, David Johanson and F Scott Kieff voted in the negative.
Commissioner Rhonda K Schmidtlein did not participate in these investigations.
"As a result of the USITC's negative determinations, no antidumping and countervailing duty orders will be issued," the statement said.
In 2013, imports of steel threaded rod from India were valued at an estimated USD 19 million.
In July the Department of Commerce determined that imports of steel threaded rod from India had been sold in the United States at dumping margins ranging from 16.74 to 119. 87 per cent.
It also determined that imports of steel threaded rod from India have received countervailable subsidies ranging from 8.61 to 39. 46 per cent.
In the anti-dumping investigation, mandatory respondents Mangal Steel Enterprises Limited and Babu Exports received final dumping margins of 16.74 per cent and 119. 87 respectively.
- Congress Bastion Amethi Goes To Polls
- Assault on Kerala Actress Scares Me: Deepika
- Nokia Relaunches Iconic 3310 With Colour Display, Web Features
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- 'You Want To Make Universities Laboratories For Separatist Experiments?' Naidu Asks Congress, Left
- Madras High Court Exempts Class Xth Non-Tamil Students From Writing Examination In Tamil
- Banned SIMI Chief And 10 Others Given Life Imprisonment In Sedition Case
- Airtel Removes Roaming Charges on Calls, Data
- Now, BJP MP Pratap Simha Compares Kargil Martyr's Daughter With Dawood Ibrahim
- Political Speeches, Anti-Trump Jibes Dominate Oscars 2017
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Delhi Court Acquits 2 In 2005 Serial Blasts, Sentences Third Accused To 10-Year Jail Term
- Govt Plans Chaupals To Link Weaker Sections To Cashless System
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events