No Anti-Dumping Duty on Certain Steel Threaded Rod from India
An independent US quasi-judicial federal agency has ruled out against imposing any anti-dumping duty against certain categories of steel threaded rod from India.
The ruling by United States International Trade Commission (USITC) came yesterday a month after US Department of Commerce determined that Indian steel threaded rod was being dumped in the country and sought imposition of anti-dumping duty against it.
"The USITC today determined that a US industry is neither materially injured nor threatened with material injury by reason of imports of certain steel threaded rod from India that the US Department of Commerce has determined are subsidised and sold in the United States at less than fair value," a media statement said.
The USITC Chairman Meredith M Broadbent, Vice Chairman Dean A Pinkert and Commissioners Irving A Williamson, David Johanson and F Scott Kieff voted in the negative.
Commissioner Rhonda K Schmidtlein did not participate in these investigations.
"As a result of the USITC's negative determinations, no antidumping and countervailing duty orders will be issued," the statement said.
In 2013, imports of steel threaded rod from India were valued at an estimated USD 19 million.
In July the Department of Commerce determined that imports of steel threaded rod from India had been sold in the United States at dumping margins ranging from 16.74 to 119. 87 per cent.
It also determined that imports of steel threaded rod from India have received countervailable subsidies ranging from 8.61 to 39. 46 per cent.
In the anti-dumping investigation, mandatory respondents Mangal Steel Enterprises Limited and Babu Exports received final dumping margins of 16.74 per cent and 119. 87 respectively.
- Suicide Bomber Responsible For Manchester Blast
- Sukhoi Fighter Jet Goes Missing Near Tezpur in Assam
- Ex-Congress MP Naveen Jindal Summoned As Accused In Coal-Scam Case
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10