No Anti-Dumping Duty on Certain Steel Threaded Rod from India
An independent US quasi-judicial federal agency has ruled out against imposing any anti-dumping duty against certain categories of steel threaded rod from India.
The ruling by United States International Trade Commission (USITC) came yesterday a month after US Department of Commerce determined that Indian steel threaded rod was being dumped in the country and sought imposition of anti-dumping duty against it.
"The USITC today determined that a US industry is neither materially injured nor threatened with material injury by reason of imports of certain steel threaded rod from India that the US Department of Commerce has determined are subsidised and sold in the United States at less than fair value," a media statement said.
The USITC Chairman Meredith M Broadbent, Vice Chairman Dean A Pinkert and Commissioners Irving A Williamson, David Johanson and F Scott Kieff voted in the negative.
Commissioner Rhonda K Schmidtlein did not participate in these investigations.
"As a result of the USITC's negative determinations, no antidumping and countervailing duty orders will be issued," the statement said.
In 2013, imports of steel threaded rod from India were valued at an estimated USD 19 million.
In July the Department of Commerce determined that imports of steel threaded rod from India had been sold in the United States at dumping margins ranging from 16.74 to 119. 87 per cent.
It also determined that imports of steel threaded rod from India have received countervailable subsidies ranging from 8.61 to 39. 46 per cent.
In the anti-dumping investigation, mandatory respondents Mangal Steel Enterprises Limited and Babu Exports received final dumping margins of 16.74 per cent and 119. 87 respectively.
FROM OUTLOOKmmtc: coal importsThe tender process for a Rs 6,000-cr coal import contract is tweaked to suit a bidder...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBNews AnalysisAs global oil prices hover near $30/barrel, a 12-ymore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESIndia has banned import of toys from China, in a smore from WIRES>>>
- Delhi and Gujarat Will Fight Together Against BJP: Kejriwal
- US Court Overturns Indian-Origin Woman's Foeticide Conviction
- AN-32: IAF Lodges Missing Complaint With Tamil Nadu Police
- Wrestler Narsingh Fails Dope Test, Rio Participation Doubtful
- Clinton, Kaine Do Not Look Presidential: Trump
- Policeman Injured in Attack Dies, Toll in Kashmir Unrest 46
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- TMC Worker Shot Dead
- MCA Accepts SC Verdict in Toto, Pawar to Quit President's Post
- All-Party Team Should Take Up Mahanadi Dams Issue With PM: Cong
- Mehbooba Along With Several Ministers of PDP Meets Rajnath
- 'Only Elite, Not Muslim Masses Feel Alienation in India'
- Four Women Militants Arrested in Bangladesh
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED