Nithari Killer Surinder Koli to Be Hanged on Sept 12
Nithari serial killer Surinder Koli, who has been sentenced to death for the brutal killing of a 14-year-old girl, will be hanged here on September 12, Jail Superintendent S H M Rizvi said tonight.
"The hanging will be carried out on September 12...All the rules and procedures will be followed", he told reporters here.
A warrant was issued on Wednesday by Ghaziabad's Additional sessions Judge Atul Kumar Gupta in the name of 42-year-old Koli that he should be hanged to death after the convict exhausted all his legal remedies in this case.
Koli, lodged in a jail in Ghaziabad, has been sentenced to death in connection with the killing of Rimpa Halder and in four other cases.
This will be the first execution of a death sentence convict under the new NDA government.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh had earlier recommended to President Pranab Mukherjee that Koli's mercy plea be rejected, barely a month after he had taken over as the minister.
The President rejected the mercy petition on July 27, paving the way for the judicial process to commence for hanging of Koli.
There are 11 cases of murder pending against Koli. CBI had filed charge sheet against him in 16 cases where he had allegedly killed children after sexually abusing them.
The Rimpa Halder case came to light in December, 2006 when a girl who went missing was found murdered later by Koli.
Investigations into the case led the probe team into more gruesome murders of children and their skeletal remains were recovered from a drain adjacent to the house where Koli was working as a domestic servant in Nithari locality of Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
Koli was awarded death sentence by a lower court, which was upheld by the Allahabad High Court and confirmed by the Supreme Court on February 15, 2011 for the murder of Rimpa Halder in 2005.
Holding that Koli "appears to be the serial killer", the court had said "No mercy can be shown to him."
A total of 16 cases were registered against Koli. His employer Moninder Singh Pandher, who was also sentenced to death in Rimpa Halder case, was acquitted by the Allahabad High Court.
Out of 16 cases filed against Koli, he has been awarded death sentence in five of them so far and others are still under trial.
- Open the Dam Shutters, SC Asks Karnataka to Release 6000 Cusecs of Water to TN
- After Indus Water Treaty, India Will Now Review the Most Favoured Nation Status Given to Pak
- Corruption Accused Ex-Corporate Affairs DG Bansal Commits Suicide Along With Son
- Clinton Puts Trump on Defensive in Fiery First Presidential Debate
- USA: Nine Injured in Shooting at Strip Mall in Houston
- Abandon 'Dream' of Obtaining Kashmir: Swaraj to Pakistan
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- US Bans Many Soaps With Harmful Chemicals, Indians Too at Health Risk
- 6-Year-Old Boy Wonder Cooks Kerala's Puttu for US Audience on Ellen Show
- Bound By Chain Great Dane Starved To Death
- Yashvardhan Sinha Appointed India's High Commissioner to UK
- BSF Orders More Non-Lethal Weapons for Use at Bangladesh Border
- Pathankot on High Alert, Search Operation Launched
- Curfew Relaxed for Six Hours in Kishtwar District of J&K
- India Confronts Pak Envoy With Proof of Uri Attack's Cross Border Origins
- Pakistani Actors Should Condemn Uri Attack: Anupam Kher
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED