Need Time to Put the System on Track: Rajnath
NDA government was committed to resolving the security issues faced by the country, but it cannot be done in "one or two years" and more time was needed to set right the system "paralysed" under UPA rule, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh today said.
"I want to assure that as far as security of the entire country is concerned then whatever the government is required to do, we will do that. All efforts will be made to rid the problems through which the country is passing," Rajnath, who is on his first visit to his parliamentary constituency after being sworn in as Home Minister, said while addressing party workers.
"But it is also true that we cannot do this work in one, one and a half or two years. The system has become so paralysed in the previous regime that it will take time to set it right. Give us time. You have seen that comparably BJP ruled states are doing better then others," he added.
Rajnath expressed gratitude to the people of Lucknow for making him victorious with huge margin.
"I express gratitude to the people and party workers. I express gratitude to youths, our mothers and sisters," he said.
Earlier, the Union Minister was given a grand welcome on his arrival at the Chaudhary Charan Singh airport here.
When asked about law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh, the Union Home Minister said he will not comment on any state at this point of time.
"My ministry has report of all the states, but I won't comment on any state," he said.
- Burhan Wani's Successor Sabzar Bhat, Killed
- After Rahul, Akhilesh Denied Entry To Saharanpur
- WHO Confirms First Zika Cases From Ahmedabad
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10