NDMC Hires 40 People to Dress Up As Langurs And Scare Away Monkeys From Parliame
Various efforts are being made to tackle monkey and dog menace inside and around Parliament House, Rajya Sabha was informed today.
The various measures being taken to tackle monkey and dog menace include scaring the monkeys away by trained persons who disguise themselves as langurs, Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu said in a written reply.
He said New Delhi Municipal Corporation has hired 40 young persons for this purpose.
NDMC also acquired Sure Shot Rubber Bullet Guns for scaring away the monkeys. A team of dog catchers visits the Parliament House and surrounding areas twice a week for catching unimmunised and unsterilised stray dogs.
On the question of water supply to the capital, Naidu said that commissioning of Munak Canal will enable additional water availability of 95 million galllons of raw water per day to Delhi on account of savings in seepage losses in the existing unlined canal.
He said this will benefit about 35 lakh people in water scarce areas of Delhi including Dwaraka area.
Haryana government has completed construction of its part of 102 km long Career Lined Canal(CLC) called Munak Canal at a cost of Rs 520 cr provided by Delhi Jal Board.
This canal will be commissioned after completion of Delhi portion.
Responding to the issue of water scarcity in Dwarka area, Naidu said Water Treatment Plant at Dwarka will be commissioned after completion of construction of the 22 km-long twin 1500 mm diameter water transmission line between Irradat Nagar and Dwarka.
Only 600 metre portion of this line is still to be completed for which DDA has to remove encroachments at Bhagya Nagar, Massodabad and Dahiya Farm.
Naidu informed that at present Delhi Jal Board is supplying 5.5 million litres of water daily to Dwarka area and additional supplies would be available after commissioning of Water Treatment Plant at Dwarka and Munak Canal. Demand-supply gap is being met through water tank services provided by DDA in Dwarka sub-city.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan