NCP Slamming Cong After Sharing Power for Years: Chavan
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan today hit back at coalition partner NCP saying it was criticising Congress now after "sharing and enjoying power" in Maharashtra for a decade.
When asked to react to the statement by NCP spokesman D P Tripathi that Congress should show some sense and give 50 per cent seats to the NCP in the upcoming Maharashtra assembly polls, Chavan said, "This is an opportunistic statement by the party which shared and enjoyed power with Congress for ten years."
Both the parties have been at loggerheads on the issue of seat sharing for the forthcoming assembly elections in Maharashtra with NCP insisting on contesting 144 of the 288 seats, claiming that it had fared better than Congress in the last Lok Sabha polls in the state. NCP had contested 114 seats in the last assembly election.
"They did not find any fault with us all these years and now seem to be getting wiser," Chavan commented sarcastically while talking to reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman