NCP Slamming Cong After Sharing Power for Years: Chavan
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan today hit back at coalition partner NCP saying it was criticising Congress now after "sharing and enjoying power" in Maharashtra for a decade.
When asked to react to the statement by NCP spokesman D P Tripathi that Congress should show some sense and give 50 per cent seats to the NCP in the upcoming Maharashtra assembly polls, Chavan said, "This is an opportunistic statement by the party which shared and enjoyed power with Congress for ten years."
Both the parties have been at loggerheads on the issue of seat sharing for the forthcoming assembly elections in Maharashtra with NCP insisting on contesting 144 of the 288 seats, claiming that it had fared better than Congress in the last Lok Sabha polls in the state. NCP had contested 114 seats in the last assembly election.
"They did not find any fault with us all these years and now seem to be getting wiser," Chavan commented sarcastically while talking to reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10