NCP Man Wears a Rs 1.4 Cr Gold Shirt for His Birthday
A municipal councillor belonging to the Sharad Pawar-led NCP has become the talk of the town after he wore a four-kg gold shirt worth Rs 1.40 crore on his 45th birthday.
Pankaj Parakh, vice-president of Yeola Municipal Council, around 70 kms from here, and former chairman of Yeola Merchants' Co-operative Bank in the district, celebrated his birthday yesterday by wearing the shirt, made by a city-based jeweller.
Parakh, who became the municipal councillor of Yeola at the age of 20, has found himself fascinated by the yellow metal since childhood.
"When I was studying in class one, I used to wear gold rings and gold chain. Now, I wear gold ornaments weighing nearly two kg," Parakh, who runs a business, said.
In order to make his 45th birthday celebration memorable this year, Pankaj had placed an order for a gold shirt. As many as 19 skilled artisans started working on it from the first week of June and completed the task in two months.
Parakh went to Mumbai's famous Siddhi Vinayak temple recently wearing the shirt to seek blessings of Lord Ganesha.
"I want to see my name in the Guinness Book of World Records," Parakh said.
Besides wearing the gold shirt, Parakh also wore a gold belt, a pair of glasses with its frame made of the yellow metal and silver shoes.
Last year, Datta Phuge, a businessman from Pimpri- Chinchwad in Pune district was in the news for buying a 3.3 kg gold shirt worth Rs 1.27 crore.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman