Naxal Gunned Down in Encounter in Chhattisgarh
A naxal was today gunned down in an encounter with security forces in Chhattisgarh’s insurgency-hit Sukma district, police said.
The face-off took place during a combing operation near restive Birabhati forests under Bhejji police station limits, Sukma Superintendent of Police D Shrawan told PTI.
A joint team of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Cobra (Combat Battalion for Resolute Action), a specialised unit of CRPF and district force was carrying out search operations in the Bhejji region of south Bastar, around 500 kms from Raipur, Shrawan said.
When they reached Birabhati and Jaggawaram forests, rebels opened indiscriminate firing on them following which they retaliated.
After a fierce gun-battle, the ultras retreated to the core area of the forest.
Later in searches, body of a slain naxal in uniform and a SLR rifle was recovered from the spot, he said.
The identity of the killed naxal is yet to be ascertained, he said adding his body was being retrieved from the forests.
- Mumbai Is The Richest Indian City With Total Wealth Of USD 820 Billion
- Paytm Offers To Hire Employees Sacked By Rival Companies
- Kim Killing Suspect Thought She Was In A 'Comedy Video'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- DU Professor Injured in Violence Hospitalised
- Fire Breaks Out At The Times Of India Building In New Delhi
- Kerala CM Retracts His Remark Denying Conspiracy in Assault on Actress
- Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Amidst Tiff With Media
- Pakistan Rangers Kill 4, Detain Over 600 Terror Suspects In 200 Search Operations
- Maharashtra: Nearly 350 Students In Custody,18 Others Arrested After Army Recruitment Board Papers Leaked
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan