Natwar Singh Planning a Sequel 'With More Disclosures'
Unfazed by the attacks on him by the Congress leadership for his book which was sharply critical of Sonia Gandhi, Natwar Singh has decided to write a sequel "which will have many more disclosures".
To be called My Irregular Diary, the sequel is expected to hit the market by next March, the former External Affairs Minister told PTI here today.
Asked if it would contain more revelations about the Gandhi family and how the Congress has functioned under its leadership, Singh replied, "It will have many more disclosures."
The former Congress veteran is elated at the response his book One Life is Not Enough has received in the four days of hitting the market. "It has sold 50,000 copies already and the publishers are going for reprints," he said about the autobiography which has created a political storm.
Asked if he had deleted anything from the book after Sonia and Priyanka Gandhi had met him at his residence in May ahead of its publication, Singh replied, "Not a word."
Singh said the sale of the book has exceeded his expectations largely due to the reaction of the Congress President and other party leaders who had sharply criticised him for disclosures such as that it was not her "inner voice" but Rahul Gandhi who had stopped her from taking up Prime Ministership in 2004.
"I must thank all the Congressmen for having contributed to the sale of my book," he said.
83-year-old Singh looks forward to reading the book that Sonia Gandhi had said she would write.
Reacting angrily to Singh's book, she had said she would write her own story to reveal the truth. "The only way the truth will come out is if I write. I am serious about this," Gandhi had said.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Hafiz Saeed A Serious Threat To Nation: Pak's Defence Minister
- CBI Searches Former Chief A.P. Singh's Residence
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- CBI Arrests IRS Officer For Bribery In IPL-Betting Scam
- Cong Promises to Strive for Removal of AFSPA If Voted Back to Power
- Indefinite Bandh Called Off In Nagaland
- At Least 6 Killed, 14 Injured In Suicide Blast Outside Pakistan Court
- Trump Picks Lt Gen McMaster As New National Security Advisor
- BSF Foils Infiltration Bid Along LoC, Militant Killed
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Wary Of Indian Space-Tech, China Plans On Fast-Tracking Its Rocket Launches
- 'He Would Put His Fingers Inside Me, Move My Leg Around': US Gymnasts Accuse Former Team Doctor
- Stockholm-Based Think-Tank Says India Was The World's Largest Arms Importer In The Past Five Years
- Woman Allegedly Raped Near South Delhi's Hauz Khas Village