Natwar Singh Planning a Sequel 'With More Disclosures'
Unfazed by the attacks on him by the Congress leadership for his book which was sharply critical of Sonia Gandhi, Natwar Singh has decided to write a sequel "which will have many more disclosures".
To be called My Irregular Diary, the sequel is expected to hit the market by next March, the former External Affairs Minister told PTI here today.
Asked if it would contain more revelations about the Gandhi family and how the Congress has functioned under its leadership, Singh replied, "It will have many more disclosures."
The former Congress veteran is elated at the response his book One Life is Not Enough has received in the four days of hitting the market. "It has sold 50,000 copies already and the publishers are going for reprints," he said about the autobiography which has created a political storm.
Asked if he had deleted anything from the book after Sonia and Priyanka Gandhi had met him at his residence in May ahead of its publication, Singh replied, "Not a word."
Singh said the sale of the book has exceeded his expectations largely due to the reaction of the Congress President and other party leaders who had sharply criticised him for disclosures such as that it was not her "inner voice" but Rahul Gandhi who had stopped her from taking up Prime Ministership in 2004.
"I must thank all the Congressmen for having contributed to the sale of my book," he said.
83-year-old Singh looks forward to reading the book that Sonia Gandhi had said she would write.
Reacting angrily to Singh's book, she had said she would write her own story to reveal the truth. "The only way the truth will come out is if I write. I am serious about this," Gandhi had said.
- K.P.S. Gill, Who Killed Terrorism In Punjab, Dies
- K.P.S. Gill: The Man Who Won The Terror Battle In Punjab
- K.P.S. Gill Ruled Indian Hockey With An Iron Fist
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10