Naidu Conducts Surprise Check, 80 Found Missing From Work
Around 80 staffers of the Urban Development and Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation ministries were found missing in office when Minister Venkaiah Naidu conducted a surprise check this morning.
After Naidu found such large number of staffers missing, a decision was taken to install biometric attendance system in these ministries besides certain other measures like withdrawing of attendance registers 15 minutes after the due time of reporting and late-comers be marked absent for the day and not paid for the same.
The Minister reached Nirman Bhawan at 9.10 AM and it was found that around 80 staffers were not in their seats, highly placed officials said, adding they would be asked to explain reasons for that.
This was the second surprise check at the said ministries by Naidu, who has been focusing on the need for punctuality. He went around the various floors of Nirman Bhawan, which houses the two ministries, during his hour-long tour.
Officials said that while the minister took a serious view of the tendency of absenteeism and coming late for work among the employees, it was also noted that cleanliness and maintenance at Nirman Bhawan has improved since his last inspection on June 12.
An official statement said a large number of personnel in the lower rungs, like section heads and supporting staff, did not report for work on time.
For the inspection, Naidu was accompanied by Shankar Aggarwal, Secretary (Urban Development) and other senior officials of both the ministries.
Following the inspection, Naidu issued directions as per which joint secretaries of the two ministries shall visit their respective offices every day for a week to monitor attendance and find out about chronic offenders.
Naidu also directed that necessary and immediate action be taken against those who report late for work. Attendance registers are to be withdrawn 15 minutes after the due time of reporting and late-comers are to be marked absent for the day and not paid for the same.
- Sidhu Likely to Join AAP in August
- NADA Concludes Hearing, Decision on Narsingh's Fate Deferred
- FM Hits Back at Rahul, Says NDA Has Brought Down Inflation
- Eminent Writer Mahasweta Devi Dies at 90
- Rajnath to Raise Pak-Sponsored Terror, No Bilateral With Pak Counterpart
- Obama Passes Baton to Clinton, Says No One More Qualified
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Modi Follows Person Who Hurled Abuses at Delhi CM, Claims AAP
- Bus Rams Into Tree in Solapur District, Four Dead
- Fed Up With Harassment, College Girl Ends Life in Malegaon
- Indian-American Girl Becomes Youngest Delegate at DNC
- 14-Year-Old Boy Wins International Maths Competition
- Autorickshaw, Taxi Unions Call Off Strike in Delhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED