Naidu Conducts Surprise Check, 80 Found Missing From Work
Around 80 staffers of the Urban Development and Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation ministries were found missing in office when Minister Venkaiah Naidu conducted a surprise check this morning.
After Naidu found such large number of staffers missing, a decision was taken to install biometric attendance system in these ministries besides certain other measures like withdrawing of attendance registers 15 minutes after the due time of reporting and late-comers be marked absent for the day and not paid for the same.
The Minister reached Nirman Bhawan at 9.10 AM and it was found that around 80 staffers were not in their seats, highly placed officials said, adding they would be asked to explain reasons for that.
This was the second surprise check at the said ministries by Naidu, who has been focusing on the need for punctuality. He went around the various floors of Nirman Bhawan, which houses the two ministries, during his hour-long tour.
Officials said that while the minister took a serious view of the tendency of absenteeism and coming late for work among the employees, it was also noted that cleanliness and maintenance at Nirman Bhawan has improved since his last inspection on June 12.
An official statement said a large number of personnel in the lower rungs, like section heads and supporting staff, did not report for work on time.
For the inspection, Naidu was accompanied by Shankar Aggarwal, Secretary (Urban Development) and other senior officials of both the ministries.
Following the inspection, Naidu issued directions as per which joint secretaries of the two ministries shall visit their respective offices every day for a week to monitor attendance and find out about chronic offenders.
Naidu also directed that necessary and immediate action be taken against those who report late for work. Attendance registers are to be withdrawn 15 minutes after the due time of reporting and late-comers are to be marked absent for the day and not paid for the same.
- Former Punjab DGP K.P.S. Gill Dies At 82
- Wreckage Of Missing Sukhoi Fighter Jet Found
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10