My Preaching Making Mass Impact On People Of China, Says Dalai Lama
Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama on Monday refuted claims that his preaching has not had any impact in China and said its "mass impact" was evident from the fact that 400 million people have adopted Buddhism in that country.
"Adopting of Buddhism by 400 million in China is a witness that my preaching is making mass impact on common Chinese," the Dalai Lama told reporters at Karshni Ashram Raman Reti here.
He said the majority of people in China is using internet to access his discourse.
He also stressed the need for better understanding between India and China for economic growth.
Stressing the need for propagation of love, he said, "All religions have stressed the need to increase love and tolerance...Unity in the society is necessary and for this, awakening of the feelings is important."
He attributed most of the problems like global warming, terrorism, etc. To the narrow outlook of the people.
"Except (the Donald) Trump administration (in the US)," he said, "almost the rest of the world is desisting from arms race after the mass devastation of the Second World War."
For attaining peace, he stressed the need for reducing fear, frustration and anger as without inner peace of human being, world peace would remain a dream.
To a question, the Dalai Lama said that in the political arena of the world there has been a lot of changes and during last two years India has emerged as a great country.
He said he failed to understand why China objected to his visit to Arunanchal Pradesh as the purpose of his visit was spiritual preaching.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 'Mangalam Appointed Receptionist As Reporter'
- But Nikki Haley, India Had Its First Woman Judge Decades Before Your Parents Emigrated To US
- IMD Doubts Authenticity of High Heat Recorded at Bhira
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Lie Detection Test In Connection With 1984 Anti-Sikh Riots Case
- India, South Korea Agree To Deepen Cooperation Through Joint Ventures, Technology Transfer
- Malaysia Says Kim Jong Nam's Body Released to North Korea
- SC to Begin Hearing on Triple Talaq From May 11
- India Refuses to Categorise Attacks on Africans as Racial
- Every Attack on Indians in US Is Not Hate Crime: Sushma Swaraj
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Maternity Bill Gets President's Nod
- Former Hockey Player Aslam Khan Forms RSS-Like Outfit To Help Congress
- Getting Threats for Criticising BJP, Modi, Alleges Historian Ramachandra Guha
- Chinese Media: India Vigilant Against China, Has Chosen Japan As Partner For Country's First High-Speed Railway