Muslims Account for Less Than 5% of Paramilitary Personnel
Muslims constitute less than 5 per cent of the total strength of the country's eight lakh paramilitary personnel, Rajya Sabha was informed today.
Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju said the ratio of minorities in the paramilitary forces stands at 9.98 per cent while the ratio of Muslims stands at 4.81 per cent.
The total strength of the paramilitary force is 8,68,150 personnel of which 2,84,275 personnel are posted in CRPF, 2,44,379 personnel are in BSF and 1,22,312 are in CISF, he said in a wriiten reply.
There are 76,157 personnel in ITBP, 75,247 in SSB and 65,780 in Assam Rifles.
The expenditure incurred on these forces in 2013-14 was Rs 37,187 crore. The budget estimates for the year 2014-14 is Rs 41,515 crore and expenditure incurred upto July 22 in current fiscal is Rs 12,817 crore.
- Suicide Bomber Responsible For Manchester Blast
- Sukhoi Fighter Jet Goes Missing Near Tezpur in Assam
- Ex-Congress MP Naveen Jindal Summoned As Accused In Coal-Scam Case
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10