Muslims Account for Less Than 5% of Paramilitary Personnel
Muslims constitute less than 5 per cent of the total strength of the country's eight lakh paramilitary personnel, Rajya Sabha was informed today.
Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju said the ratio of minorities in the paramilitary forces stands at 9.98 per cent while the ratio of Muslims stands at 4.81 per cent.
The total strength of the paramilitary force is 8,68,150 personnel of which 2,84,275 personnel are posted in CRPF, 2,44,379 personnel are in BSF and 1,22,312 are in CISF, he said in a wriiten reply.
There are 76,157 personnel in ITBP, 75,247 in SSB and 65,780 in Assam Rifles.
The expenditure incurred on these forces in 2013-14 was Rs 37,187 crore. The budget estimates for the year 2014-14 is Rs 41,515 crore and expenditure incurred upto July 22 in current fiscal is Rs 12,817 crore.
- ED Issues Fresh Summons to Zakir Naik in Money Laundering Case
- Assault on Kerala Actress Scares Me: Deepika
- Nokia Relaunches Iconic 3310 With Colour Display, Web Features
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Political Speeches, Anti-Trump Jibes Dominate Oscars 2017
- Would Have Been Better Had BJP Given Tickets To Muslims In Uttar Pradesh, Says Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
- DU Girl Gurmehar Kaur Moves DCW Over 'Rape' Threats From ABVP Members
- ONGC May Acquire India's 3rd Largest Fuel Retailer HPCL For A Whopping Rs 44,000 Crore
- At Least 20 Children Injured After School Bus Overturns In Kanpur
- Commission Says Counterfeiters And Hackers Cost The US Close To 600 Billion A Year
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Delhi Court Acquits 2 In 2005 Serial Blasts, Sentences Third Accused To 10-Year Jail Term
- Govt Plans Chaupals To Link Weaker Sections To Cashless System
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events