Muslims Account for Less Than 5% of Paramilitary Personnel
Muslims constitute less than 5 per cent of the total strength of the country's eight lakh paramilitary personnel, Rajya Sabha was informed today.
Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju said the ratio of minorities in the paramilitary forces stands at 9.98 per cent while the ratio of Muslims stands at 4.81 per cent.
The total strength of the paramilitary force is 8,68,150 personnel of which 2,84,275 personnel are posted in CRPF, 2,44,379 personnel are in BSF and 1,22,312 are in CISF, he said in a wriiten reply.
There are 76,157 personnel in ITBP, 75,247 in SSB and 65,780 in Assam Rifles.
The expenditure incurred on these forces in 2013-14 was Rs 37,187 crore. The budget estimates for the year 2014-14 is Rs 41,515 crore and expenditure incurred upto July 22 in current fiscal is Rs 12,817 crore.
FROM OUTLOOKparliament: jpc probeA whole Parliament session wasted. How our MPs undermine our democracy...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBFor the recordI want to expresse shock and protest the traffickimore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESNew Delhi, Jul 23 (PTI) The 1999 Kargil incursionsmore from WIRES>>>
- Open the Dam Shutters, SC Asks Karnataka to Release 6000 Cusecs of Water to TN
- After Indus Water Treaty, India Will Now Review the Most Favoured Nation Status Given to Pak
- Corruption Accused Ex-Corporate Affairs DG Bansal Commits Suicide Along With Son
- Clinton Puts Trump on Defensive in Fiery First Presidential Debate
- USA: Nine Injured in Shooting at Strip Mall in Houston
- Abandon 'Dream' of Obtaining Kashmir: Swaraj to Pakistan
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- US Bans Many Soaps With Harmful Chemicals, Indians Too at Health Risk
- 6-Year-Old Boy Wonder Cooks Kerala's Puttu for US Audience on Ellen Show
- Bound By Chain Great Dane Starved To Death
- Yashvardhan Sinha Appointed India's High Commissioner to UK
- BSF Orders More Non-Lethal Weapons for Use at Bangladesh Border
- Pathankot on High Alert, Search Operation Launched
- Curfew Relaxed for Six Hours in Kishtwar District of J&K
- India Confronts Pak Envoy With Proof of Uri Attack's Cross Border Origins
- Pakistani Actors Should Condemn Uri Attack: Anupam Kher
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED