Muslim Intellectuals Demand Action Against Adityanath
A body of Muslim intellectuals has demanded action against BJP MP Yogi Adityanath accusing of trying to disturb peace in the country by issuing provocative statements.
The Millat Bedari Muhim Committee (MBMC) yesterday passed a resolution stating communal riots have always taken place not because of Hindus or Muslims but because of communal parties and organisations whose very existence rests on polarising society on communal lines.
MBMC secretary Jasim Mohammad told reporters that various inquiry commissions including the Sri Krishna Commission, which probed the riots in Mumbai in the wake of the Babri Masjid controversy, had clearly and categorically identified such forces.
Adityanath, a BJP MP from Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh, had recently said riots happen wherever minorities are more than 10 percent in numbers while there is no place for non-Muslims where they are more than 35 percent.
The BJP MP had received flak from Congress and Left Parties for his controversial remarks.
The resolution was signed by an elected member of the AMU Executive council Mohammad Shahid, former president of the AMUTA Professor Razaullah Khan and former dean faculty of science AMU.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10