Muslim Intellectuals Demand Action Against Adityanath
A body of Muslim intellectuals has demanded action against BJP MP Yogi Adityanath accusing of trying to disturb peace in the country by issuing provocative statements.
The Millat Bedari Muhim Committee (MBMC) yesterday passed a resolution stating communal riots have always taken place not because of Hindus or Muslims but because of communal parties and organisations whose very existence rests on polarising society on communal lines.
MBMC secretary Jasim Mohammad told reporters that various inquiry commissions including the Sri Krishna Commission, which probed the riots in Mumbai in the wake of the Babri Masjid controversy, had clearly and categorically identified such forces.
Adityanath, a BJP MP from Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh, had recently said riots happen wherever minorities are more than 10 percent in numbers while there is no place for non-Muslims where they are more than 35 percent.
The BJP MP had received flak from Congress and Left Parties for his controversial remarks.
The resolution was signed by an elected member of the AMU Executive council Mohammad Shahid, former president of the AMUTA Professor Razaullah Khan and former dean faculty of science AMU.
- Rate Cut Possible Only If Inflation Eases: Rajan
- Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa Conferred Khel Ratna Along With Jitu Rai
- Curfew Lifted in Kashmir After 51 Days of Lockdown
- SC Pulls Up Azam Khan for Calling Bulandshahr Gangrape a 'Political Conspiracy'
- Submarine Data Leak Being Viewed 'Very Seriously': Navy chief
- Usain Bolt Won Nine Olympic Golds Because Of Beef: BJP MP
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Racism Row After South Africa School Asks Girls to Straighten Hair
- Dana Majhi Takes Part in 'Padayatra' Organised by Congress
- NIA Summons Geelani's Elder Son for Questioning
- John Kerry Samples Delhi Traffic, Gets Stuck in Jam Due to Waterlogging
- EC Notice to Maharashtra BJP, 7 Other Parties for Not Filing Tax Returns
- Govt Defers Mega Spectrum Auction by 2 Days to Oct 1
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED