Muslim Intellectuals Demand Action Against Adityanath
A body of Muslim intellectuals has demanded action against BJP MP Yogi Adityanath accusing of trying to disturb peace in the country by issuing provocative statements.
The Millat Bedari Muhim Committee (MBMC) yesterday passed a resolution stating communal riots have always taken place not because of Hindus or Muslims but because of communal parties and organisations whose very existence rests on polarising society on communal lines.
MBMC secretary Jasim Mohammad told reporters that various inquiry commissions including the Sri Krishna Commission, which probed the riots in Mumbai in the wake of the Babri Masjid controversy, had clearly and categorically identified such forces.
Adityanath, a BJP MP from Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh, had recently said riots happen wherever minorities are more than 10 percent in numbers while there is no place for non-Muslims where they are more than 35 percent.
The BJP MP had received flak from Congress and Left Parties for his controversial remarks.
The resolution was signed by an elected member of the AMU Executive council Mohammad Shahid, former president of the AMUTA Professor Razaullah Khan and former dean faculty of science AMU.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman