Muslim Cleric in Kerala Issues Fatwa Against ISIS
A noted Muslim cleric in Kerala today issued a fatwa asking his community members to boycott the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) and other terrorist organisations.
In his religious decree, General Secretary of All India Sunni Jam-e-yyathul Ulema, Shaikh Abu Bakr Ahmad said favouring the extremist organisations is antithetical to the Islamic Shariah.
"The Muslim world is in dire need to take cognisance of the threats posed by the anti-Islamic outfits. The militant groups among Muslims are causing harm to Islam in the false garb of Islamists. Any support or endorsement to the extremist and terrorist organisations goes completely against the Islamic Shariah," the Sunni-Sufi Islamic scholar said.
Stating that the ISIS or their self proclaimed Khalifates does not represent Islam by any means, the fatwa said, "They are not just anti-Islamic but are enemies of the humanity."
"Their ruthless activities against people in Iraq and Syria are not meant for helping Muslims but defame Islam. Their anti-western interpretation of Islam is only aimed to serve their political agendas in the wider Muslim world.
"Supporting their activities through any means is forbidden according to the basic principles of Islam. I urge all the Muslims to condemn their activities and to pray for the people who suffer from their merciless activities," it said.
- Burhan Wani's Successor Sabzar Bhat, Killed
- After Rahul, Akhilesh Denied Entry to Violence-Hit Saharanpur
- WHO Confirms First Cases Of Zika Virus In India, From Ahmedabad
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10