Munde Faced Humiliation in Party, Wanted to Leave: BJP MLC
The late BJP leader Gopinath Munde had struggled within the party and even wanted to leave it, BJP MLC on Friday claimed in the Legislative Council.
“Munde faced struggles at every step. He was (once) about to leave BJP. I opposed it. He faced humiliation many times but dedicated his life to the party,” Phundkar said.
“Congress had offered him two ministerial posts at the Centre and the state,” Phundkar said after a resolution to mark Munde’s contribution was moved in the House by Maharashtra parliamentary affairs minister Harshwardhan Patil.
“There is a lot of confusion among people about the circumstances leading to his death. There should be a CBI probe into the matter,” said Phundkar, who became emotional while recounting his association with Munde going back to 1974.
Phundkar is a former leader of opposition in the legislative council.
Council chairman Shivajirao Deshmukh said he was for a high-level probe into Munde’s death. He informed the House that he would write to Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan requesting such a probe.
Munde, a popular backward class leader from Maharashtra, died due to shock and haemorrhage following injuries to his neck and liver in a road accident in Delhi on June 3.
- Stone-Pelters Should Fire Weapons, Then I Could Do What I Want: Rawat
- Impose Governor's Rule If J&K Is To Be Saved: Farooq Abdullah
- Narada Journalists Threaten Hunger Strike Over Dues
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10