Munde Faced Humiliation in Party, Wanted to Leave: BJP MLC
The late BJP leader Gopinath Munde had struggled within the party and even wanted to leave it, BJP MLC on Friday claimed in the Legislative Council.
“Munde faced struggles at every step. He was (once) about to leave BJP. I opposed it. He faced humiliation many times but dedicated his life to the party,” Phundkar said.
“Congress had offered him two ministerial posts at the Centre and the state,” Phundkar said after a resolution to mark Munde’s contribution was moved in the House by Maharashtra parliamentary affairs minister Harshwardhan Patil.
“There is a lot of confusion among people about the circumstances leading to his death. There should be a CBI probe into the matter,” said Phundkar, who became emotional while recounting his association with Munde going back to 1974.
Phundkar is a former leader of opposition in the legislative council.
Council chairman Shivajirao Deshmukh said he was for a high-level probe into Munde’s death. He informed the House that he would write to Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan requesting such a probe.
Munde, a popular backward class leader from Maharashtra, died due to shock and haemorrhage following injuries to his neck and liver in a road accident in Delhi on June 3.
- Ahead of Diwali, Govt Approves 2 Per Cent Hike in DA
- Need to Have a Relook on the Minority Tag Given to Muslims: Giriraj Singh
- Pakistan Condemns 'Manhandling' Of Staffer, Says Espionage Charges False
- No Regulation of Media in a Democracy: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pak High Commission Staffer Asked to Leave India Within 48 Hrs
- SC Defers Hearing of Election Petition Against Sonia Gandhi
- Watch: Donald Trump Pulls Out All The Stops With 'Ab Ki Baar, Trump Sarkar'
- Daily Curator: What Happens In Family May Not Stay So
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Libya's Navy Says 90 Migrants Perished After Boat Fell Apart
- Ready to Sacrifice Myself for the Party: Amar Singh
- Neither Bua Nor Bhatija Can Improve Law and Order in UP: Amit Shah
- Pak Not to Attend Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster
- Twitter to Cut 9 Per Cent of Staff, Plots New Growth Strategy
- Ceasefire Violations, If Continues, Will Not Go Unpunished: Sharif Warns India
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED