Mulayam to Choose Candidates for Five UP Seats
The Parliamentary Board of the Samajwadi Party today authorised national president Mulayam Singh Yadav to select candidates for five assembly seats in Uttar Pradesh for which bypolls will be held soon.
"Of the 12 Vidhan Sabha seats for which by-elections are due, names of seven candidates were approved by the Board.
"For the remaining five seats, the national president has been authorised to choose party nominees," SP spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said.
The Parliamentary Board meeting was chaired by state SP president and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
During the meeting, discussions were also held on various issues including the membership drive, preparations for bypolls and taking achivements of the UP government to villages, the spokesman said.
The party has launched a membership campaign from July which will continue till August 31. Under the drive, a target of enrolling 1.5 lakh members has been fixed.
It was also decided at the meeting to observe student awareness fortnight from September 5.
- Forced to Marry Pak Man, Uzma Returns, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- HRD Minister Assures To Declare CBSE Results On Time
- Maharashtra CM Escapes Unhurt After His Helicopter Crash Lands In Latur
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10