Mudgal Panel Questions Srinivasan and Meiyappan
ICC chairman and BCCI's president-in-exile N Srinivasan and his son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan were among those who were today questioned by Supreme Court appointed Justice Mukul Mudgal panel members in relation to the IPL-6 betting and spot-fixing case.
Senior IPS officer BB Misra, who is also a Deputy DG of Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), was the primary investigator.
"A team of officials representing the Supreme Court appointed Justice Mudgal Commission arrived here yesterday and had inquired other Chennai based persons and they will leave for Delhi either tonight or tomorrow," a well-placed source told PTI today.
The source confirmed that Misra and his team members had separate meetings with Srinivasan and Meiyappan and they were not quizzed together.
The committee was also supposed to meet former Q-branch SP Sampath Kumar, senior IPS officer Abhas Kumar and a few senior officials from India Cements during their Chennai trip.
According to the source, there will be a review meeting of the panel on August 27 after which, a decision will be taken about seeking an extension as the current deadline for submitting the report is August 31.
- Absconding UP BJP Leader Dayashankar Singh Arrested From Bihar
- Gurgaon: Thousands Stranded on NH-8 Due to Waterlogging, Heavy Rains
- Govt Lists GST Bill For Consideration in Rajya Sabha
- One San Diego Cop Killed, Another Wounded in Shooting: Police
- Curfew, Restrictions Re-Imposed in Kashmir
- Indian National Not Executed in Indonesia: Swaraj
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Swamy Attacks Rajan for 'Dip' in MSME Growth
- India Should Hit Back at Pakistan for Terror: BJP MP
- Give Slaughter House Licences to 'Unemployed' Opposition: BJP MP
- Pune: Nine Killed As Slab of Under-Construction Tower Caves in
- Two Million Using Free Wi-Fi at Railway Stations in India: Pichai
- Cong Asks BJP to 'Come Clean' Over Mehbooba's Remarks on Wani
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED