Mudgal Panel Questions Srinivasan and Meiyappan
ICC chairman and BCCI's president-in-exile N Srinivasan and his son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan were among those who were today questioned by Supreme Court appointed Justice Mukul Mudgal panel members in relation to the IPL-6 betting and spot-fixing case.
Senior IPS officer BB Misra, who is also a Deputy DG of Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), was the primary investigator.
"A team of officials representing the Supreme Court appointed Justice Mudgal Commission arrived here yesterday and had inquired other Chennai based persons and they will leave for Delhi either tonight or tomorrow," a well-placed source told PTI today.
The source confirmed that Misra and his team members had separate meetings with Srinivasan and Meiyappan and they were not quizzed together.
The committee was also supposed to meet former Q-branch SP Sampath Kumar, senior IPS officer Abhas Kumar and a few senior officials from India Cements during their Chennai trip.
According to the source, there will be a review meeting of the panel on August 27 after which, a decision will be taken about seeking an extension as the current deadline for submitting the report is August 31.
- Sting Operation: BJP Lodges Complaint Against Odisha CM, BJD MLAs
- GDP Growth Slows Down to 7.1%, Lowest in 6 Quarters
- Bezwada Wilson, T.M. Krishna Receive Ramon Magsaysay Award
- Dhingra Committee Submits 182-Page Report on Haryana Land Deals
- Ola Drivers Gangrape 12-Yr-Old in Kolkata, Kill, Toss Her Body Into Canal
- Let the Late Russian's Family Keep London Silver: Yogeshwar
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Nobel Prize Winner Roger Tsien Dies, Helped Track Cells
- Discussed Wall Not Payment in Meeting With Mexican President: Trump
- Brazil's President Rousseff Ousted From Office by Senate
- Bring Poor, Weaker Sections to Party Fold, Modi Tells BJP's Rajya Sabha MPs
- At Nearly 43%, Muslims Have Highest Per Cent of Illiterates: Census
- Sensex Up 66 Points, Nifty Above 8,800 in Early Trade
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED