Mudgal Panel Questions Srinivasan and Meiyappan
ICC chairman and BCCI's president-in-exile N Srinivasan and his son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan were among those who were today questioned by Supreme Court appointed Justice Mukul Mudgal panel members in relation to the IPL-6 betting and spot-fixing case.
Senior IPS officer BB Misra, who is also a Deputy DG of Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), was the primary investigator.
"A team of officials representing the Supreme Court appointed Justice Mudgal Commission arrived here yesterday and had inquired other Chennai based persons and they will leave for Delhi either tonight or tomorrow," a well-placed source told PTI today.
The source confirmed that Misra and his team members had separate meetings with Srinivasan and Meiyappan and they were not quizzed together.
The committee was also supposed to meet former Q-branch SP Sampath Kumar, senior IPS officer Abhas Kumar and a few senior officials from India Cements during their Chennai trip.
According to the source, there will be a review meeting of the panel on August 27 after which, a decision will be taken about seeking an extension as the current deadline for submitting the report is August 31.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Hafiz Saeed A Serious Threat To Nation: Pak's Defence Minister
- CBI Searches Former Chief A.P. Singh's Residence
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Terrorists Attack Near Pakistan Court, Casualties Feared
- BSF Foils Infiltration Bid Along LoC, Militant Killed
- Sensex Climbs Up 65 Points in Early Trade
- Swear by 'Ganga Maiyya' on Power Supply Issue: Akhilesh to PM
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- Publisher Cancels Right-Wing Provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos' Book Dangerous
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Wary Of Indian Space-Tech, China Plans On Fast-Tracking Its Rocket Launches
- 'He Would Put His Fingers Inside Me, Move My Leg Around': US Gymnasts Accuse Former Team Doctor
- Stockholm-Based Think-Tank Says India Was The World's Largest Arms Importer In The Past Five Years
- Woman Allegedly Raped Near South Delhi's Hauz Khas Village