Mudgal Panel Questions Srinivasan and Meiyappan
ICC chairman and BCCI's president-in-exile N Srinivasan and his son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan were among those who were today questioned by Supreme Court appointed Justice Mukul Mudgal panel members in relation to the IPL-6 betting and spot-fixing case.
Senior IPS officer BB Misra, who is also a Deputy DG of Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), was the primary investigator.
"A team of officials representing the Supreme Court appointed Justice Mudgal Commission arrived here yesterday and had inquired other Chennai based persons and they will leave for Delhi either tonight or tomorrow," a well-placed source told PTI today.
The source confirmed that Misra and his team members had separate meetings with Srinivasan and Meiyappan and they were not quizzed together.
The committee was also supposed to meet former Q-branch SP Sampath Kumar, senior IPS officer Abhas Kumar and a few senior officials from India Cements during their Chennai trip.
According to the source, there will be a review meeting of the panel on August 27 after which, a decision will be taken about seeking an extension as the current deadline for submitting the report is August 31.
- Indian Origin Punjabi Bus Driver Burnt to Death in Australia
- SC Dismisses Petition, Says Armed Forces Answerable To Government
- Fifteen Pakistan Rangers Killed In BSF's Retaliatory Fire In The Past Week
- Judges Selection: SC Slams Centre for Bringing Courts to a Grinding Halt
- US Charges 61 People in Multi-Million Dollar Indian Call Center Scam
- Pak Violates Ceasefire Along LoC in Jammu, Rajouri, Kathua, Girl Injured
- Daily Curator: While India Plays Spy-Spy With Pakistan, China Issues Gentle Reminder
- Watch: Donald Trump Pulls Out All The Stops With 'Ab Ki Baar, Trump Sarkar'
- Daily Curator: What Happens In Family May Not Stay So
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- India Third in Terror Deaths After ISIS-Boko Haram Areas: SC Told
- War No Option, Pak Should Take Initiative for Peace: Mehbooba
- Pak Army Says No Soldiers Killed in Firing at Border
- DND Flyway onnecting Noida to Delhi to Remain Toll Free: SC
- Swamy Asks PM to Form Multi-Agency SIT to Probe Tatas
- Northern Ireland Rejects Brexit Court Challenge
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED