MPs to Develop One Model Village in Their Constituencies
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today announced a scheme under which MPs will develop one model village each in their constituencies.
"There are several schemes named after leaders and former Prime Ministers. I want to announce a scheme named after the members of Parliament under which they will adopt and develop one village each in their respective constituencies," he said in his address to the nation.
He said he would like Rajya Sabha MPs and state legislators also to participate in the scheme, the blueprint of which would be announced on the birth anniversary of Jai Prakash Narayan on October 11.
There are nearly 800 members of Parliament and close to 4000 MLAs and MLCs in different state legislatures.
"Our MPs want to do something. They can give memorandums, raise issues but cannot do anything at present," Modi said. The Prime Minister also announced a 'çlean India' scheme under which cleanliness drive will be launched across India starting October 2.
He hoped that on the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi in 2019, the target would have been achieved.
- Major Who Tied Civilian To Army Jeep, Awarded
- Indian Cabbie Abused And Assaulted In Australia
- Rawal Wants Arundhati Roy Tied To Army Jeep Instead Of Stone-Pelters
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10