MPPEB Case: ED Questions Former System Analyst in Indore
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) officials today questioned Nitin Mohindra, the former senior system analyst at Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board and also an accused in an alleged scam, to find out information about investments, if any, made by him in movable and immovable assets.
Mohindra was brought to the ED office here amid tight security from the Central Jail, Bhopal where he was lodged under judicial custody.
An ED official said Mohindra cooperated during questioning which lasted for nearly five-and-a-half hours and the agency received "some important" information during the investigation.
The MPPEB scam is related to manipulation of pre-medical test results and recruitment to various government services, including teachers, constables and food inspectors.
The official said that ED has registered cases against more than 10 persons, along with Mohindra and former MPPEB Exam Controller Dr Pankaj Trivedi, under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
ED had questioned Trivedi on the issue for over five hours yesterday.
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman