MPPEB Case: ED Questions Former System Analyst in Indore
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) officials today questioned Nitin Mohindra, the former senior system analyst at Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board and also an accused in an alleged scam, to find out information about investments, if any, made by him in movable and immovable assets.
Mohindra was brought to the ED office here amid tight security from the Central Jail, Bhopal where he was lodged under judicial custody.
An ED official said Mohindra cooperated during questioning which lasted for nearly five-and-a-half hours and the agency received "some important" information during the investigation.
The MPPEB scam is related to manipulation of pre-medical test results and recruitment to various government services, including teachers, constables and food inspectors.
The official said that ED has registered cases against more than 10 persons, along with Mohindra and former MPPEB Exam Controller Dr Pankaj Trivedi, under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
ED had questioned Trivedi on the issue for over five hours yesterday.
- One Dead, Two Injured in Germany Machete Attack: Police
- Nepal in Fresh Political Turmoil as PM Oli Resigns
- Want Emotional Relationship With People of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Wrestler Narsingh Fails Dope Test, Rio Participation Doubtful
- Toll in Kashmir Unrest Climbs to 47, Curfew Continues in Five Districts
- AAP MLA Arrested for Trying to Murder Woman His House in Southeast Delhi
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Boris Johnson Claims India Owes UK Multi-Million Pounds
- India's First Green Rail Corridor Launched in TN
- Munich Gunman Planned Attack for a Year, Chose Victims Randomly
- Dancing, Drugs, Extremism: Multiple Lives of Nice Attacker
- Young Woman, Son Crushed to Death in WB, Mob Erupts in Violence
- IOC Decides Against Blanket Doping Ban for Russia
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED