MPPEB Case: ED Questions Former System Analyst in Indore
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) officials today questioned Nitin Mohindra, the former senior system analyst at Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board and also an accused in an alleged scam, to find out information about investments, if any, made by him in movable and immovable assets.
Mohindra was brought to the ED office here amid tight security from the Central Jail, Bhopal where he was lodged under judicial custody.
An ED official said Mohindra cooperated during questioning which lasted for nearly five-and-a-half hours and the agency received "some important" information during the investigation.
The MPPEB scam is related to manipulation of pre-medical test results and recruitment to various government services, including teachers, constables and food inspectors.
The official said that ED has registered cases against more than 10 persons, along with Mohindra and former MPPEB Exam Controller Dr Pankaj Trivedi, under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
ED had questioned Trivedi on the issue for over five hours yesterday.
- No Extension for Kumble, BCCI Looks For Head Coach
- 4 Women Gangraped, Man Shot Dead in UP's Bulandshahr
- Fadnavis Escapes Unhurt After Chopper Crash In Latur
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10